say something (2/2)

part two!

"second street, second street,
second-turn here!" finn is nearly jumping in his seat as the two teens are seated in wyatt's car.

after hours of research and minimizing their list of people who drive maroon vans, they finally came down to one.

the look on finn's face was one of hope, his brown orbs wide and glancing in every direction, never blinking because he was too afraid to miss her.

"you're gonna give yourself an aneurysm, jumping around and screaming like that." wyatt deadpans, hands gripping the steering wheel tightly.

his curly haired friend was quite the distraction.

"i-i can't help it, wy. we're so close. we're so fucking close to y/n, i feel it in my gut." the lanky boy stutters, pale hands now fiddling with one another.

wyatt sighs and nods, the car going silent as the two of them look around in anticipation.

hours seem to go by as nothing interesting shows, but that quickly changes when finn lets out an odd gasp, breathing in so hard that he begins to choke.

"what is it?" the teenage male beside him questions, easing his foot off of the gasp.

finn quickly regains himself, pointing towards a grey house with a maroon van in the driveway.

"there."

*

the older, grey beared man kneels down in front of the horrified female, stroking her cheek with such gentleness as if she could break with one wrong move.

"i didn't mean to scare you, babygirl." he tries to sound generous, and caring, but the sneer ok his face convinces her otherwise.

not having it in her to fight back, she just relaxes into the seat and stares at the ground.

"does she talk?" another older man questions, eyebrows raised.

the one still kneeling before her responds as he shakes his head.

"she can, but i don't think she likes to." once again, he rubs his rough thumb along her jawline, "is that right, doll?"

y/n sighs, not at all hearing a word either of the men said.

her y/e/c eyes connecting with his e/c ones.

"take me back to nona's." she whispers.

the h/c haired man scoffs, tapping his lips to make sure she knows to read them.

"would you really rather live with a stranger than your own father?"

to his dismay, y/n nods.

before y/f/n can speak, loud knocking is heard on the door.

"you expectin' anyone today, boss?" the other male looks over to the father, who is now standing.

"let us in, we know you have y/n/n!" the muffled sound of finn's desperate shouts cause the teenage girl to perk up, her eyes darting from her father to the door standing less than three feet away from her.