r.t - you don't get me (1/2)

part one!

he hasn't spoken to me for weeks.

i couldn't help but think that i'd done something to make him dislike me.

as i am seated at the kitchen window, alone, i wonder.

richie tozier-though it may sound surprising-is the only person that keeps me sane. my parents are never home due to their job.

what am i supposed to do now that he has left me in the dust?

yes, i knew our friendship would eventually end, but i didn't think it would be now, so soon.

we've only know each other for nine years. i was hoping i'd get be his friend for a little longer than that.

for a few moments, it's silent. i force a smile on my face, my mother's words "fake it till you make it" repeating within my head.

the silence is soon broken as my phone vibrates on the counter. i reach over to get it, my heartbeat quickening as i hope it's richie.

but it isn't.

it's beverly, richie's cousin and my second best friend. i'm not as close to her as i am to rich, but that's slowly changing as time passes on.

"yes?" as i speak, i am shocked. i don't sound like me.

i guess it's because the only person i talk to is the boy across the street from me.

"would you like to come over?" her voice is hopeful. i almost feel bad for saying no. almost.

"no thanks, i have some things to do."

she chuckles at that, "what, like stalk my cousin?"

"goodbye, bev." i roll my eyes, knowing she can't see me. before she can continue to tease me i hang up.

just as i set my phone down, i hear a door closing. i look up out of the window to see my ex-bestfriend and his new friend getting out of a car.

it still amazes me how a seventeen years old boy like trashmouth tozier, was able to get someone other than me, to talk to him.

i squint my eyes at the two as they giggle and walk to his front door.

as soon as richie's door closes, i feel my feet hopping off of the counter and walking towards my room.

i quickly slip on a pair of jeans and an old band tee, before sliding into my vans.

a small smirk takes over my face once i'm outside.

i am tired of being stepped on and treated as if i'm nothing.

i will get my friend back even if it's the last thing i do.

slowing my steps, i hop over the tozier family's fence and jog to the window i've snuck into so many times.

i'm only slightly shorter than it, so i jump on to my toes and peek over.