sweet dreams (3/5)

part three!

【 richie 】

▹ "y/n!" bill, stanley, eddie and i shout as we look around.

belch and henry are seated on some rocks, not paying any mind to us.

mike and ben are tending to the red haired girl who was being chased by the bowers gang.

"did you s-see which way he took her?" bill asks me, and i shake my head.

we continue searching for a few more minutes before heading back to the rest of the losers.

i sigh, locking eyes with the mysterious blue eyed girl.

"what's your name, toots?"

she rolls her eyes, despite the giggle falling past her lips.

"beverly marsh, and you?"

the sound of her name brings me back to the time y/n told me her friend was moving here.

"richie tozier. you don't happen to be friends with y/n, do you?"

beverly looks at me with a confused stare, "yeah. why?"

"that was her just now, the girl who ran off with patrick."

with parted lips, the redhead furrows her eyebrows.

"i heard you guys say her name but i thought it was a different y/n. w-why is she here?"

i glance at the girl, mentally debating on if i should tell her the truth or not.

"i think it'd be better if she told you herself."

"hey! hey, losers!" patrick's shouting voice causes us all to jump up.

i watch as mike grabs a few rocks and decide to do the same.

patrick hockstetter stands with his hands up, shaking his head.

"no, no. i'm not here for a fight." he puts his hands on his knees as he catches his breath, "y/n...she ran. she ran off and i don't know where she went."

"what do you mean you don't know where she went?" i ask, eyes probably seeming bigger than they already do.

"patrick, why are you talking to them?" belch and henry show up behind the boy, confused expressions on their face.

i glare at them.

"i-it's nothing, let's go." the brown mop wearing man slowly backs away, his friends following.

just as they are entering the car, patrick looks back at me.

"please find her." he mouths, and i notice a certain glint in his eyes.

for the first time ever, patrick hockstetter is showing his fear.

*

as night begins to come, we all decide on heading home.

bill told us that y/n should be back home in her own bed by now, so we assume she's safe.