m.w - let it happen

"why are you doing this?" she shouts at him, sweat beads forming on her forehead.

the stronger the sun, the weaker she became.

"they all deserve to burn, (y/n)! t-they made me feel weak!" he yells back, his eyes sparkling with tears.

(y/n) feels as if she's going to collapse but she wills herself not to. for the sake of this planet.

"you're hurting innocent people, mike!" the girl cries, "please, stop!"

mike only scoffs, lifting his hand as he brightens the rays of the sun. (y/n) gasps, her knees locking and causing her to fall to the grass.

"i don't want to hurt you, (n/n)." mike mutters, glancing at the girl moaning in pain, "leave while you still can."

(y/n) didn't understand why she was chosen to save the world: she wasn't the smartest, and she definitely wasn't adored by many.

her words of doubt only cause her to give up, folding her knees to her chest.

mike drops his hand and stares at her in shock.

"what? go on, i won't stop you."

"why not?" he asks, eyebrows raised.

"i'm not fit for this. they chose the wrong person." she replies, her voice monotonous.

the tall, brown eyed boy stares in shock for what seems like hours, not sure how to respond.

he's only known the girl for a few months, but during that timespan he learned that she wasn't the one to give up.

as he watches her, he notices her eyelids beginning to flutter shut.

"what the-(y/n)! come on, you're better than this." he gently shakes her shoulders.

she doesn't budge.

mike sits there, worried and afraid. he knew this was his fault.

the brown orbed man doesn't leave (y/n)'s side, his mind wandering.

she was right, he thought, he's been hurt many times before but those specific people will have it coming to them eventually.

mike isn't a bad person, not at all. he's just made some bad choices.

about an hour later, (y/n) begins to rustle, and seconds after that her eyelids pop open.

when they do, a gust of wind picks up around the two, and the sun slowly dimmers.

"am i doing that?" her voice is groggy and soft.

mike only shrugs. the girl decides to shrug it off too, and rests her head on the boys lap.

he looks down at her with a sad smile, "i'm sorry."

the (h/c) haired female hums in response, taking in a deep breath as the wind begins to get heavier.

neither of then were aware of the time, but they could only guess it was at least six or seven in the evening.