kiss (2/2)

i'll say when this song is being used ;)

a month later...

I got out of school and waited at the gate for Finn, him being late as per usual. I turn to see him skating over, his hair blowing behind him and a smile plastered on his face. I wave and set up my board to join him in skating home. As we skate along, I feel him looking at me from time to time, but every time I try to catch him, he turns away, blushing madly. I've grown used to the constant blushing around each other, we both have social anxiety and I have feelings for him as a bonus to it.

"(y/n), wanna come over to Ayla's with me to watch our band rehearsal? I actually learned a new song to play for yo- for them, yeah, them." I smiled and nodded, never wanting to miss the opportunity to hear his voice. Not to belittle all the others, they're amazing, I'm just never able to focus on anything but his beautiful voice.

"Of course! What's the band's name again?" We stop right in front of his house, standing to talk to each other.

"Calipurnia, sounds nice, right?" he smiles and I look down when the blush starts forming. "Are you okay (y/n)?" he goes in to lift my head up but I keep it down and move back.

"yesi'mfinethankyou. I've got to get home now though haha sorry bye text me when you're heading to Ayla's!" I dash off and run into the door before unlocking it and letting myself in, sighing again and sitting against the door. Getting up, I fetch myself a snack and start on homework.

As I finish my homework, the doorknob twists, immediately notifying me that Finn was ready to go. I smiled up at him and pulled my vans back on and grabbing my bag of stuff. He wraps his arm around me as we walk out and I blush, knowing he is as well. We hear Nick screaming about his game and talk about school until we're seconds away from Ayla's.

"So, what's up with you and Malcom?" Finn bites his lip and turns to me, looking interested in the subject. I laugh and remember how we went to the skate park and he kept falling when trying to do a half-cab heelflip. I attempted on my way home but only got to learning how to pull off a willy grind.

"He's been trying to do more skating and said I'm a better teacher than you, you're more of a "I learn by watching instead of instructions" guy." he laughs and nods, still turned away from me with his eyebrows furrowed. Concerned, I stop and face him towards me. "Are you okay, ba-"

"Are you and him dating?" I take a step back at the question and laugh while shaking my head no. "Okay... good." I feel the need to ask what he meant by 'good' but hold it in when he rings Ayla's doorbell. She greets us with a hug and invites us in, taking us down to the basement.

"So are we practicing our usual or Finn's request for his little lady frie-"

"Friends! I was told to play at a.... Stephanie's party?" I nod, smiling,but not knowing any Stephanie's off the top of my head. "Yeah, how about we play that one first to get used to it?" Everyone nods, smirking as he glared lightly. I sat on the couch as they did their little setup before immediately getting into the song.

To be exact- my favourite song.

Finn smiles at me while singing the lyrics of She's Really All I Need by Mac DeMarco (kachow) and I smile like crazy because they're doing wonderful and- holy shit Finn (@ brooke) his voice is perfect for this song!

"cause she's really all I need
it's true my heart is flying
life can be such a breeze
as long as it's just her and me"

I bop my head to his voice and smile like crazy the entire time. Finn constantly glances at me as he sings until Ayla get's her solo and wow! Finn walks closer to me and grabs my hand before I'm right in front of their little platform and he's singing directly at me. My stomach fills with butterflies and he smirks at me as he sings the chorus once more. A blush fills my face for the umpteenth time being around him and I cough as the song ends.