f.w - 11:11 (1/2)

i could tell something was wrong was soon as i woke up.

even now as i walk to class, i can't help but feel as if something's missing.

"sorry to interrupt, but do you have finn wolfhard with you?" the intercom speaks. the teacher replies with a clipped 'yes', sending me a small nod.

i glance down as i walk out, knowing many pairs of eyes are watching in curiosity.

when i walk into the principal's office, i'm surprised to see dustin, lucas, jane, and even troy standing there.

"i predict you are all wondering why you're here." the principal says, his eyes squinted. murmurs are heard throughout the room and then all too soon it's silent.

"y/n l/n went missing this morning." she continues, "her mother wanted me to ask you guys a few questions. she would come herself, but of course she decided on looking around."

"missing? what do you mean she's missing?" jane is the first one to speak after seconds of silence. she looks between the four of us, her eyes landing on troy

"what the hell are you smirking for?! my best friend has gone a-wall and you're sitting here smirking!"

troy looks shocked, along with the rest of us.

"jane, please lowe-" the older man begins to speak but jane talks over him.

"a-and you...you don't seem phased one bit. what happened to 'loving her'?" a feeling of shame rushes through me as she stares me dead in the eye.

"jane hopper! excuse yourself from the room. i understand you are hurting, but that type of behaviour is not allowed in here." the principal has a hard, disappointed stare.

jane scoffs, shooting everyone the finger before leaving.

i look at the elder, waiting for a reaction.

"have a seat, this may take a while." he says.

"are you sure she's not just out walking or something?" troy speaks up, playing with his fingernails.

"that could be possible. so, tell me, were any of you with her at any time between yesterday night and this morning?"

finally, i'm able to catch my voice.

"i was with her this weekend."

"did she seem off? did she say anything to you that seemed unusual?" he asks.

i shake my head.

just as he begins another sentence, the bell for lunch rings. he sighs.

"well, you four go on, i'll call you again later on."

*

"you alright, bud?" dustin asks, eyes dark.

i nod, shake my head, nod again, and then shrug.

"i'm confused, you know? it's just not like y/n to disappear without a trace."

he nods.