f.w - the night we met

twenty-eighteen.
ninth of december.

you woke up feeling a mix of emotions: exhilarated, anxious, agitated, etcetera etcetera.

today could end up being the best or the worst day of your life, though you highly doubted the latter.

you roll out of your bed with a yawn, glancing into the mirror on your wall only to see a very disarrayed reflection.

your y/e/c eyes widen at the sight, quickly rushing to the bathroom down the hall in order to freshen up.

twenty minutes later, you're out of the shower and done brushing your teeth.

as you walk back down the hall, towel covering your body, you mumbles a short "morning" to your mother-she replies the same.

it felt like any other saturday morning, besides the fact that it wasn't.

you quickly turn around, a small smile adorning your face at the thought of what's willing to happen in less than three hours.

"mom!" your voice is suddenly completely void of whatever solemn emotion you were just feeling, "i'm meeting the losers today!"

your mother smiles, though it doesn't reach her eyes. you could tell the older woman was tired, having not had a proper sleep in years.

and yet she still took the time to drop everything and do something to make you happy.

you loved her with every single bone in your body.

"i know! i'm excited for you!" she cheers, pinching your cheeks and you playfully swat her away.

you give her a short peck on the cheek before heading back to your room, immediately grabbing the outfit that has been lying on your dresser since the day you found out you'd be going.

( ♡ )

three hours seems to go by slowly yet quickly.

before you know it, you're in the car and pulling up into the parking lot of the arcade, your heartbeat suddenly seeming erratic, your eyes almost bugging out of your head.

you grab your phone and dial your best friends number, you were supposed to be meeting her there.

"hello?" she answers, her voice sounding just as panicked as you feel.

"h-hey, y/bf/n. are you here?"

"yeah, you?"

you glance around for the sight of her car, and once your eyes find it you internally squeal.

"yes! yes, i see you." a nervous chuckle falls past your lips, "alright just stay there, i'm coming. oh my god this is really happening."

you bid each other goodbye and hang up, sending your mother a huge smile as you prepare to exit the car.

she leans in, leaving a warm kiss on your cheek, her hands grabbing yours before you can go.

"i love you, have fun." she grins, pecking your cheek one last time before you head out on your own.

in an instant you find your best friend, the two of you grabbing one another's hands as you make your way into the building.