14.

Anthony slept over last night. Don't go there, nothing happened. But something special did.

*Flashback*

"Your food was tasty. You're a good cook" Anthony said resting his back on the sofa.

"Flatters" I replied putting up an act. "You've tried enough"

He chuckled and ran his hands across his thick black hair "I don't tease people when it comes to their ability. It's an insult to my personality"

I arched a brow to look surprised but deep down, I was laughing my ass out.

Insult kor, insult ni. I'm really going to enjoy this conversation.

"I'm really sorry. Thanks"

"It's okay. Has the date been fixed for your brother's wedding?"

Folding my arms, I gave a suspicious look. "How did you know about my brother's marriage?"

He sighs and roll his eyes "your mom and mine are 5 and 6. So I had to"

I got up "okay . I don't know yet anyways. You're invited. I'll give you a card right away"

He held me back with my hand.

Heaven on earth! His hands are so mild and his fingernails are nice. I felt like he should hold me like that forever.

🎶🎶I wish that we could be like that. Why can't we be like that? 🎶 🎶

"It's okay. I'm feeling sleepy now so I'll leave"

I checked the time. It's 10pm.

"I can't let you leave. I mean, it's late and you're feeling sleepy. Anything can happen while driving. You can leave as early as you wish first thing tomorrow morning "

"To be honest, you're caring"

I pouted. "I'll take that as a compliment"

He laughed shortly. "Why do you say so?"

I tilted my head from side to side "that's because we hardly know each other "

"That's the point. Well, forget it"

"Come with me. I'll show your room to you" I said taking my time to walk like a lady that I am.

On a normal basis, I don't pay attention to my walking steps.

I wonder what's suddenly wrong with Edna.

"Here" I said gesticulating with my left arm. "It contains everything you need including toiletries. At least for tonight and tomorrow morning"

"Nice designs and settings. Thanks"
"It's okay. Thanks for coming over too"

He pecked my cheeks "Goodnight and sweet dreams"

My eyeballs felt they were going to pop out any second soon.

Before I could utter a word, the door was closed on my face.

I held my cheeks like I got slapped and dozed off.

If only that moment was captured, I would have looked at it for the rest of my life.
Idiot.

*end of flashback*

I yawned as I stretched a little. My alarm clock rings. Putting it off, I become surprised because I woke up earlier than usual.

I knelt beside my bed and say my morning prayers. Then I head to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
It's Tea and loaf.

"The kettle's boiled! Do you want to make coffee?" Anthony asked out of nowhere.

His high pitched voice was nice. He's dressed and I wouldn't hate, he's handsome and mind blowing.

I scoffed. "No thanks. By the way good morning. Hope you slept well?"

"Morning. Of course I did. I'm sure you enjoyed yours as well. Let me help you with that" he offered stirring the content in the cup.

We had breakfast sooner.

"So tell me something, you're the last born right?"

"Hmm hmm"

"That's great. I'm one as well"

I nod and smile.

"I'll be leaving for Kentucky tonight" he announced leaving me stunned.

"Re. ...really?" I stutter "why?"

"For business conferences and all. I have a lot of work to attend to"

"Okay. Safe journey" I said like a five-year old that didn't get presents on his birthday.

"Are you alright?"

I fake a smile. "yeah"

"Alright. I'll be on my way home. Thanks for everything and I enjoyed your company"

"Same here. You're welcome. Bye"

"I deserve a hug at least" he said with a wink. His arms were open.

I blushed and entered into his arms.

Giving him a warm hug, I look into his eyes "Why so tall?"

He chuckled "it's God's plan"

He heads for the door and opened it.
Before stepping out, he gave me a glance and smile feeling accomplished.

I sigh deeply and head upstairs.

Boredom began to hit me hard.