38.

Anthony.

I didn't go to work today. My injury hasn't healed completely. I informed the police about the incident that occurred recently, they promised to see what can be done. My house is still on investigation anyways.

Right now, I'm at Edna's. She left for her spa but promised to return early. My mom called earlier, I wonder how she got to know about the news of our attack.

It could be Edna's mom that informed her, you know women and their talks.

She wasn't that worried, I assured 
her we're good. She kept teasing me about being a father although mine died on my day of birth. Sad? Yeah I know it is.

The doorbell rang. I managed myself to the doorpost and found Edna. Her eyes looks red, like she was crying and all.

I opened the door. "Welcome back dear, how was your day? And you're back earlier than I thought?"

She gave a faint smile. "I'm good. ..there wasn't much work to do so I quickly rushed down. I'll prepare lunch"

You're lying to me Edna, I know it for sure. You don't need to worry, I'll find out sooner or later.

♢♢

I was watching a Nollywood movie with Edna. All of a sudden, she dashed to the bathroom to throw up. I washed her face.
"Sorry" I said half-aloud.
She nodded. "Thanķs. I'm very tired. My head aches so much"

"Sorry" I said.
She sighed. She looks thin, like she lost some weight. Her breasts look swollen.
Before I knew it, she dozed off.

Pregnancy symptoms. I just have to deal with it.

☆☆

We're at the hospital, to see the gynecologist. She advised on having more sex and Edna taking a  lot of supplements like folic acid and all.

"Your reproductive system is quite fast, it fertilized the sperms quickly. That's great" the gynecologist said, impressed.

She smiled shyly. "Thanks ma. I feel strange nowadays, I bleed and have frequent urge to urinate, why?"
"That's your first pregnancy symptoms my dear. As the baby grows, you'll begin to experience the change"

"Really?" Edna asked, rather surprised.
"Yes. And Mr. Tony you don't need to get upset with her most of the time, she may get to have mood swings. But it's normal for every pregnant woman"
I chuckled. "Alright"

Edna.

"What's wrong with you? You've been sad all day and I hate it" Anthony disclosed.
"I said nothing is wrong, I'm fine" I replied rolling my eyes. "Just leave me alone"

He pulled me back. "You won't go anywhere until you tell me what the matter is"
"Please leave my hand" I said.
"What's the problem?" He asked again.

My eyes closed. "I told you its nothing, can you leave me alone now?"
"Tell me what it is!" He yelled, making his grip on my hand tighter.
I fell silent. His other side is bad. but he didn't just yell at me, did he?

"Please let go of my arm,  you're hurting me Tony" I whined.

He realized himself. I gave him a stare in the eye and scurried away to the bathroom with tears in my eyes.

"Wait. ..I'm. .so...sorry Edna" he ran after me.
With that, I locked the door.