42.

Anthony.

Edna gave a brief laugh. "I really can't wait to see you baby"

"Same here. I hope you enjoyed your stay?" I asked.

"Yeah I did. I have something important to tell you. It won't be proper to keep it away from you" she said with anxiety.

I wonder what it is.

"Okay dear. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'll be at your house in the evening. I'm sure you'll be back from work?"

I smiled. "Of course.  I hope you've had dinner?"

"Yes. Our baby is doing fine" she assured.

"Great news. Sleep tight. Muah"
She hung up.

With that, I dozed off out of tiredness.

☆☆

I just returned from work. Today was hectic and stressful, business meetings and all. I rang the doorbell twice.

The door opens. It's Edna.

She jumped on me as I hold her close to myself. She's added so much weight, within a space of three weeks. Goodness!

I managed to close the door then drop my briefcase on the sofa. Sitting down, Edna curled her legs round my waist.

She really misses me, so do I. The fragrance of her hair and skin is unforgettable.

"I've missed you a lot" we said in unison then smiled at each other.

"You've missed me?" I asked gently stroking her hair. It gives me pleasure doing so and I'm sure she loves it.

"I've missed your touch too" she hugs me.

Her eyes opened, but narrowed this time. She looked deep in my eyes. "I've missed you  more than you think"

"Same here babe"

She jerked into reality. "You must be famished. Go freshen up while I serve the dishes, okay?"

I chuckle. "You'll make the best wife in the whole universe"

She placed her hands on her waist. "I seriously don't know why you tease me a lot"

"I don't tease people when it comes to their ability. It's an insult to my personality"

She sighs. "It's funny how I remember that you've told me that before"

"Really?" I made my way to the room.

On opening the door, I receive the biggest shock of my life.

Baby pictures are hung at each corner of the room. My pictures are on the floor, behind the bed. Teddy bears are in every single corner of the room, it completely looks like a baby's.

What's this? Shit!

Edna.