26.

Anthony.

I'm at the hospital, with Mrs Ajayi and Darasimi, my elder sister. She came back from Australia a couple of hours ago. I don't think she was aware of the news.

But now she is.

Edna is here as well. She has been encouraging me and it actually made me feel a little better. The operation will be in an hour's time.

Edna held my right hand."Be strong Tony. She'll survive, it's a blood transfusion"

I nod with a faint smile "yeah,you're right. To be honest I really don't know how to thank you. I'll never forget this sacrifice"

She touched my cheeks. "Come on, what are friends for?"

We're more than friends. ...... and I know you know that, you haven't just realized it yet.

"Tsk. .... I know you're still worried, but I'll make you feel a lot more better"

I chuckled. "Silly"

"Close your eyes and stretch out your hands"

"Why?"

"Just do as I say"

I closed my eyes and stretched out my hands as ordered.

"You can open it" she said happily.
It was my long lost wristwatch I purchased while in Kentucky. God knows how hard I looked for it. Oh my, how did she find it?

But come to think of it, it was damn expensive! It was worth $1500.
She's irreplaceable, she eventually found my watch.

I pulled her into a long warming hug,I guess she wanted it with her reaction.

"Thanks. I searched for everywhere. I mean everywhere"

She smiled "you see. .... I told you'll feel better"

Pauuuuuuu

Someone hit Edna from behind.

Edna.

My head began to spin. Anthony held me carefully. All of a sudden, I heard a loud slap, I felt it.

Nifemi slapped Anthony. He froze, trying to get himself back.

I got up and hit Nifemi on the face repeatedly. "Hw dare you do this? We're at the hospital or else I'd have finished you by now! What the heck is wrong with you?"

All eyes are fixed at the three of us. Even mom rushed out from the ward. She kept staring at us. It's embarrassing but I don't care.

Nifemi began to laugh wickedly "Have a look at these two lovebirds. They are so ridiculous."

She laughed harder this time. I wonder if she doesn't feel ashamed.

She walked up to Anthony and held him by the collar. "You! You deceived me into thinking you loved me! And here you are, having fun with my friend"

He pushed her to the ground releasing himself from her. I gasped.

"Don't mess with me next time. I never told you we were in love, now get out from here. I'm allergic to idiots"

"Jeez...... what did you just say? You're allergic to idiots?" Nifemi asked. She looks mad, her makeup is smudged and her hair is messy.

He closed his eyes and dragged her outside like a bag of rice.

My mom holds my hand firmly.

"You'll be fine my dear. I know you're a strong girl"

I nod.

"You may tell me everything later. It's quarter to seven, the transfusion will start any time soon"

I sighed exasperatedly."Alright"

Anthony came in looking disturbed. He even bumped into someone by mistake; not watching his direction.

"I'm so sorry about that Edna, it's all my fa......"

I covered his mouth. "Don't say a word. It's not your fault in anyway"

He stared at me with a lost expression and hugged me. I hugged him too, patiently waiting for it.

Idiot.