41.

Edna.

I'm back in Lagos. I just landed with my Dad. Mom decided to stay back.
Memories came flushing into my mind,my past is taking every bit of me.

"You're coming with me?" Dad asked submitting his tickets for inspection.
"No dad. I'll chatter another taxi" I replied giving him a hug. He touched my cheeks.

I feel nauseated. The smell of popcorn made me want to throw up. I raced to the restroom immediately. People just kept staring at me, I know it's embarrassing but what can man do?

"Ah Yewande . .... are you alright?" Dad questioned following me.
He washed my face and handed me a face towel.

"Yeah. ....I'm allergic to that popcorn smell" I held my forehead. "I have a headache too"
His eyes narrowed, giving a suspicious look. "Your mom used to have this type of allergies while she was pregnant. Are you su.....
........."

"Dad...... don't allow old age affect your thinking" I laughed.

Please don't talk about this again. I may just end up revealing my secret.

He spread out his arms. "Just saying. By the way, when will you get married? I'm not getting any younger. You're my only daughter. I want to walk you down the aisle, that's my dream"

He sounded like he had been wanting to tell me that for a long time now.

I chuckled. "Soon dad, trust me"
He gave a satisfactory smile. "Now she's talking!"
We laughed. I actually miss my dad's company.

"Okay dear, bye. I'll be traveling to Japan in three days time for some business contracts. Take very good care of yourself"

"Yes Dad. I'll miss you anyways" I confessed.

He opened his arms widely with a grin. I entered receiving his hug.
I pecked his cheeks. "Bye dad! I love you"
"Love you too" he waved entering the taxi. I smiled.
Someone blindfolds me. I wonder who it is. 

Harry.

I traveled on a business trip to Senegal. I'm back, at the airport to be precise. Submitting my tickets, I rolled my box outside.

I was about chattering a taxi when an elderly man got in. I sighed feeling exhausted.

The man waved at someone. I decided to check who it was. Lo and behold, it's Edna!

My chance to express my love for her.

I blindfolded her.
"Who's it?"
She opened her eyes. "Oh my! Harry it's you again. How are you? And what are you doing here?"

I inserted my hands into my pockets. "I'm good thanks. I just returned from Senegal and as fate will have it, we met again"

She looked confused a bit. "Okay that's great. I'm on my way home, bye. See you some other time"

I chuckled. "Don't you mind having a drink? You look famished"
"No need, I'm okay. I just. ....."
I laughed. "Come on.... even if it's water, no harm"

She huffed. "You're a disturbance. Funny, let's go"
"Lead the way" I said like a gentleman. She shook her head.

Rock and Roll!

♧♧

Edna and I had a drink. We fell into a deep conversation, I'm falling in love with her as each second passes by.

"Oh my... it's 3pm! So late. I'll be on my way now" she got up.
I scratched my head. "Uh..... I'm so sorry, time flies though"
She gave a faint smile.

I guess this is the right time to tell her about my feelings. I'm tired of keeping it to myself, I have to let the cat out of the bag.
"I have something to tell you" I said half-aloud.
She smiled."I'm all ears, but you have to be snappy"

I knelt down opposite her holding a pink rose. "Will you be my girlfriend? I love you a lot Edna I just can't keep it to myself anymore. Please don't say no, I love you. I'm mad over you"

Her eyes widened, like she didn't see it coming.
"I know you're a comedian, but this joke is way too much" she laughed hard. "Stop this drama and get up"

I stood up and placed my lips on hers. She pushed me away, hitting me on the face repeatedly.

This is a very big embarrassment. I never expected it. No one has ever humiliated me this way and Edna just did. Despite our friendship and how much I helped her, she still had the nerve to do this. What's so hard in love? Why couldn't she just kiss me back? People like her don't deserve attention at all. She's an ingrate.

"You're very stupid Harry! I never expected this from you! You're a pretender!" She blurted out in fury.

"It's not hard to love, is it? Why can't you love me? Please I love you. .... I just can't get you out of my head!" I professed holding her left hand tightly.

"I NEVER want to see you again!" she pushed me away and rolled her box. "Get out from my way!"

She squeezed herself and passed.

Walking away, she gave me a very bad dagger.

Everyone's eyes averted to our direction. Some people whispered into each other's ears while some just kept staring, waiting for more drama. I cleaned my cheeks and tidied myself up.

Watch how I destroy you, Edna.