29.

Anthony.

Edna and I came to hang out at a nearby relaxation centre popularly known as Body field. She'd told me earlier about her passion for swimming.

"You love swimming?" I asked  for clarification.

"Of course. Actually I can't  swim but I really want to learn" she replied playing with the water.
"Wow..... that's fabulous"
"Yeah thanks. Can you swim?" She asked sarcastically.

I removed my shirt "let me show you what I've got"
I entered the water and swam a little. She just kept gasping.
I came out from the water. I removed some water from my hair.

I know she's dying for my packs. I really don't understand how I suddenly got to know her too well.

I smirked "you wanna join me?"
"I'm not with my outfit and my hair will get wet" she rolled her eyes.
"Tsk Tsk. It doesn't matter, I'll help you out"
"Why?"
"That's because I want to teach you how to swim. This may be your only opportunity"

She smiled "I don't want to learn how to swim today"
"Too bad. Watch me swim"

Just then, I heard a gunshot inside the water. I even found the bullet floating on the surface. I examined it carefully and kept it in my pocket. 

Someone is trying to kill me, Sign number one.

The water made a loud splash. It was Edna, she entered the water with immediate effect, I guess it was fright that made her do so.

I chuckled as I held her carefully like a golden egg. "Don't be scared. ... I'm here for you"
She gasped "Someone. ....fi. .... fired a gunshot"
"I know Edna, calm down. First we have to get out from here"
"Yes yes. Let's go,quick!"

We got changed. She didn't let go of my hands as we walked to the car park. She's scared, it's very obvious.

"Calm down Edna" I said. She just nodded as her eyes went round.
We drove home. I checked the time, it's 7pm.

♢♢

"Are you hungry?" She asked with concern.
"No dear. You have something to eat"

She scrutinized me " I won't have something unless you do"
"Come on, I'm not just in the mood to eat"

"I don't care. By the way, we're having noodles for dinner" she walked to the kitchen. 

My eyes went round her body as I ogled. She's on a pink top and jean bom shorts. Her shape is WOW and. ......she's very sexy.

She's endowed.

I regained consciousness and began to think about the incident that happened some hours ago. The bullet was fired into the water and I was the only one there.

Who's trying to kill me? Could it be Nifemi?
I don't think so.
My brain is malfunctioning. I can't even think straight anymore. I feel very scared and worried but I know I can't die untimely. ..... Never.

The aroma of Onion Chicken noodles filled the whole living room. It smells delicious, I'm  salivating. She served the dishes  on the dining table. On noticing my mood, she placed her two hands on her waist and approached me.

She sat beside me and placed her head on the muscular walls of my chest.
"I know very well that you're worried and feeling insecure. Right?"
I began to play with her hair "yes. I wonder who's trying to kill me"

"I thought about it too but I'm confused. I also feel scared but we don't have to, God is with us. Okay?" She assured with smile.
"Yeah thanks" I returned the smile.
"That's better. Now cheer up, so our dinner won't be a mess"
"Silly"

We ate happily. It felt like we're married, to be realistic. Her constant jokes, her smiles, her laughs, her craziness. ..... everything about her is my joy.

"I'm tired. I actually didn't plan on spending the weekend with you but God's plan is the best"

"Right. Thanks for coming over"
"I came over to see your mom not you. But then, she wasn't around"
"She left for Ibadan to stay with my dad's relatives"
"Why?"

"I don't know why exactly. She only told me she'll be back on Sunday afternoon"
"Okay. ... at least she's better now"
"Yeah"
She yawned "so where's my room?"

I carried her bridal style. She pinched me.
"This is our room" I said placing her on my bed.
"You can't be serious. Your room?"
"Our room" I corrected.

"Not bad. At least you'll be my teddy for the night"
I chuckled. "You still sleep with teddies?"
She nodded frantically. "Since childhood"
I switched the AC on "wow. ... you love the AC?"
"Yeah thanks. Come lay next to me"

She switched off the lights and covered herself with the duvet. I laid next to her. She rested her head on my chest. I started playing with her hair again, it feels nice. I love the smell and softness.

She pecked me on the lips "Goodnight Tony"

"Goodnight Edna. I love you"
She blushed and hugged me tightly then fell asleep immediately. I stared at her beautiful face.

I'm mesmerized.