40.

Anthony.

I'm lonely. It's been three weeks since Edna left for Ibadan. I miss her a lot, more than you think. We usually have video and voice calls for hours. She's enjoying herself without having to think about anything. No stress, no problems. That's what I want.

I'm better now. The injury on my leg healed faster than I expected. Mom also gave me some herbal medicines to take. At first I was reluctant but later accepted to take it.

Nifemi filed a case against me, stating that I'm an irresponsible father denying his child. We had been on this case for quite some time now, and the favor was on my side.

As the saying goes, the truth will set you free. It worked for me. The last proceedings of the court was yesterday, and I won the case by  God's grace.

As I speak, she's behind bars for the allegations made against me. She was also convicted for the crime of falsifying Edna's signature in her name and forcefully owning  the spa with fake documents.

Luckily, I got Edna's spa back and I want it to be a surprise for her. She's been through a lot and I don't want her to suffer any more losses. She still thinks about her spa till date and it made me more confident, to get it back.

And I did.

I feel relieved, happy days are ahead.

Edna.

It's been three weeks since mom and I came to stay with Yemisi. My brothers came visiting with their families but left the same day.

Tomi came back from Canada as well. My maternal grandpa is here too, he's very happy to be a great grandpa. Aunt Iyabo is overjoyous to be a grandma. There's a lot of happiness here, I've forgotten about my worries.

I miss Anthony so much. I wonder how he's faring. He told me his mom takes very good care of him and I shouldn't worry about anything. I once recalled him telling me about missing our baby.

Silly boy.

No one apart from mom, aunt Iyabo and Yemisi knows about my pregnancy. I want it to be a surprise to everyone on our engagement ceremony.

I pray it'll be soon.

I sat down and began to think about my spa. I haven't heard from any of my workers ever since Nifemi took over. I miss everyone a lot, to be honest. They were the most cooperative set of employees any employer will ever have. I wish can get it back with any means.

I've learnt never to trust anyone, the devil can penetrate through any soul, causing them to harm others the same way Chloe and Nifemi hurt me.

Such is life, you just have to pass through some challenges at some point in time.

"Yewande" aunt Iyabo called out. "Hope you've had dinner? I want my grandchild to be more chubby than Yemisi's son"
I laughed shortly. "Yes aunt. Don't worry, our baby is healthy"

"Baby?" aunt Abike asked with enthusiasm as she sat down.
I felt my heart in my mouth. Of all people to know about this, aunt Abike!

Aunt Iyabo and I stared at each other expressing shock. She gave me a mental note to lie.

"Baby?" I scoffed. "What baby?"