20.

"I'm disgusted" Chloe spat "your pretence is disgusting"

I fold my arms and sit down on the couch.

"Are you done?"

She clapped. "Now it's crystal clear you're nothing but a slut. Thanks to Mike,I realized you're a fake friend"

I wonder why Chloe allowed herself to be brainwashed by a shameless guy.

"You seduced my fiancè! Don't you have any shame left in you? Argh! I hate the sight of you!"

"Why are you still here? You can simply excuse yourself. The door is staring at you"

She shrieked and carried her bag. "I'll make you a living corpse!"

"Before you do that I want to let you know that Mike doesn't give two fucks about you. He doesn't care about your feelings. he's only using you for his benefits why can't you see that?"

She rolled her eyes.

"My love for Mike is unconditional. He'd never do such a thing. You're just a hater, that's all"

I chuckle and walk up to her. She raised her face in the air.

"Look Chloe, I'll forever love and care for you as a friend. You aren't just realizing your mistake here. Mike attempted raping me on Saturday for God's sake and he's trying to turn tables around" I explained.

"I have a voice note to prove it if you don't believe me"

Tears welled up in her eyes. "Never mind. I've had enough of your drama, you can have the voice note for dinner. Don't you EVER call or text me again. I hate you so much Edna!" She blurted out walking away and wiping her tears.

"Chloe! Chloe! Come back! Listen to me for once!"

She drove off.

I broke down. I'm confused, hurt and sad. God knows I've tried my best in explaining to her but she doesn't want to listen.

I have to expose Mike someway or the other. I can't watch Chloe's life get ruined.
But is it my business?
I'm confused.

"Don't you have any shame left in you? I hate the sight of you"

It hurts.

Now I'm feeling the impact of what she said. It hurts a lot. But I had to put up an act.

To explain to her.

But she didn't care.

I decided to take a walk outside; To calm down and think about the future.

I'll be resuming work tomorrow, that's Monday. Anthony also will begin his makeup and hairdressing tutorials as an apprentice.

Funny.

Let's see how it goes.

¤¤

I was done preparing for work when my phone rang. It's Nifemi calling. I answered. "hello?"

"Hey girl,what's up?"

"I'm good. You?"

"Same here. I heard you and Chloe had a fight"

I sighed. "We didn't. Maybe she took it as one"

"Don't mind Chloe. Anthony narrated the incident to me. I'm sure you know him"

Anthony. Again and again.
I'm not bothered. Duhh.

"Okay thanks. I'll see you later"

"Have a nice day"

I drove to work.

♢♢

"Good morning madam. Welcome oh. That party wey you invite us ehn, I enjoy no be small (we really enjoyed the party you invited us)" Mrs Damola stated.

"Yes oh. Na true talk, the kain food wey I chop ehn, e sweet die. (Very true, the food I ate was extremely delicious)" Mrs Chucks added.

"Me sef na bagco bag I carry. You no say person no fit finish am. I come put am for nylon so the food no go waste (I carried a poly bag. You know one wouldn't be able to finish that type of food that instant. I put it in a nylon bag so that the food won't go to waste)" Lola,my third apprentice bragged with all confidence.

We laughed.
"Thanks to you all for coming. I'm grateful" I appreciated.

"Madam na you wey we for thank the most. You no dey treat us like strangers,at all. You dey carry us like your own brothers and sisters (you're to be thanked more madam. You don't treat us like strangers in any way. You treat us like your siblings)" Mrs Adeyemo said.

"Na true. God go bless you and your family. You no go suffer in Jesus name (correct. God will bless you and your family. You will not suffer in Jesus name)" Mrs Damola prayed.
"Amen" we chorused.

"Thanks ma. I wish the same to you all. By the way, we'll be having a new apprentice today, his name is Anthony Adeleye"

"Na small boy? (Is he a little boy?)"
"Not at all. He's my senior oh" I replied giving a short laugh.

"Okay ma"

"He'll be here soon. Thanks for your cooperation"

The door opened.