15.

It's been a couple of weeks since Anthony travelled to Kentucky. I don't miss him but I don't know why I keep thinking about him all the time. We talk quite a lot at night but that's not a reason I should miss him.

I think I do.

Weird. That's what I am. Forget about that for now.

I didn't tell you about my friends. Of course everyone has so do I. Well, I have these two friends named Chloe Martins and Nifemi Ayodele.

I met Chloe in New York while learning cosmetology and Nifemi in Nigeria. I don't know how but Chloe and Nifemi knew each other from some relatives and all.

We planned to hang out with other cool people. It's summer, there'll be a lot of parties and stuff. There are times one really need to put off with work and relax. I guess this is the right time.

I can flirt for some time at least, my Mr. Right will show up.

I hope so.

Tunmise's wedding is at the corner and fast approaching and I invited a lot of old friends. It'll be a time for me to reunite with them. All my relatives including the ones abroad are going to be present. It's a grand occasion.

If Tunmise's wedding is like this then how will my own be? All Americans are going to be invited then.

Why am I thinking this way when I don't even know who I'm getting married to?

I began to laugh. Really, I find it very hilarious.

So far, all of my siblings' wedding were grand. Tunmise's is just out of proportion.

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to be a hater.

I dress up casually and drive to Ikeja.

*An hour later*

My friends and I are at ICM, Ikeja city mall, Shoprite. We came to have some fun and all. But surprisingly, Chloe showed up with a guy. Nifemi and myself looked at each other signifying curiosity.

"Hello babes, meet my fiancé, Mike.
Mike,these are my friends, Nifemi and Edna" Chloe introduced holding his hands tightly and feeling proud of herself. It's like she owns the whole world standing beside him.

Not a bad idea though.

We shook hands and exchanged pleasantries. At first,he didn't want to let go of my hand but I excused myself.

Strange. Indeed.

"Do you guys care for an ice cream? I'll go get some" Chloe said feeling excited. Maybe it's the feeling you get when you're getting married soon. She has been smiling all day long and I wonder if she doesn't feel tired. This is not the normal Chloe I know.

"Don't bother" Nifemi said "our food is here already"

Mike smirked at me. I turned away from his direction pretending to be oblivious of what is going on.

This guy is really getting on my nerves. He keeps focusing on my boobs and licking his lips. No one apart from myself notice this. I don't want to create a scene to hurt Chloe because he's "her fiancè"

Indeed.

"Mike darling, what movie would you like to watch? Black panther?" Chloe asked as if she's his servant.

To be sincere, she's very cute and loving. But he isn't giving two fucks about her.
I feel like punching him in the face or hitting him very hard.

"Not at all. Let's watch the wedding party 2" Nifemi suggested "it's now in cinemas. This particular one was acted in Dubai"

"Yeah. She's right" I agreed "I simply love the trailer. It's just amazing"
"So what do you think Mike?" Chloe asked sweetly "I'm sure you love it already"

Nifemi became pissed off. Every now and then, Chloe keeps asking Mike about everything and he looks so uninterested. The conversation gets boring each second no matter how much we try to make it lively but Chloe doesn't just seem to understand.

"It's fine. I'll be back " Mike said briskly and left. He smirked at me.
Again.
I roll my eyes.
"So what's the colour of the asoebi?" Nifemi asked looking curious.

"I really can't wait because I love attending weddings. You're now my padi again"

"Abi. The colour is red velvet. I'm excited as well. I'm really happy for Tunmise"

"Nice one Edna" Chloe complimented.

"Thank you babe" I gave a thankful smile.

Nifemi shot her a cold glare. I chuckled.

"Look Chloe, why are you so obsessed with this Mike guy? He's your fiancé, okay. And to be honest, you guys are really cute but you're overhyping it and it sucks"

I kept shut. I didn't want to say anything to Chloe before she gets high.

"And why do you have a problem with that? We're getting married soon so I have everything right to be obsessed with him" Chloe fired back.

"Girls, let's not quarrel because of a guy. And you Nifemi, it's okay"

"I'm just being realistic"

"Realistic my foot" Chloe said in fury and stormed out.

"She no say I no dey hide my mouth. Na guilty conscience wan kill Chloe(she knows that I don't hide the truth. Chloe's overwhelmed by guilty conscience)"

"Nifemi calm down. She'll soon come back to her senses, hmm"

"Abegi (please). Forget her. Let's gist nau. How are the plans for Tunmise's wedding going? "

I chuckle and give her a friendly punch. "You never seem to change. Everything's all good"

We talked about a lot of things. She is a real chatterbox,lol.

"Come with me, let's hang out with other people. Fun?"

I nod frantically .

We met with other people here. Trust me, Nifemi is quite popular and very friendly. Within some few minutes, we'd made a lot of friends. I had a lot of fun with her.

There's this guy I spotted with others. He's cute and has almond shaped eyes with angular jaw and a dark skin. I never believed dark guys are this handsome.

He looks like he's in his late twenties or early thirties.

Nice catch. .......... he's not bad.

I left in a nick of time to avoid the hectic traffic.

I began to think about my day over and over again. It was fun but one person spoilt it.

Chloe's fiancé. And I hope never to see him again.