36.

Anthony.

I fell unconsciously to the ground. Holding my head, I stretched out my hands to Edna. The masked man dragged her away mercilessly.

I tried getting up but got knocked down by another man. I yelled in pain but it won't stop me from saving the love of my life.
I heard the footsteps of a lady. Her stilettos made this "koi koi" sound.

No sooner,many men surrounded me making sure I don't leave the room. I heard Edna's voice, she was screaming for help.

My heart raced. I have to do something no matter what. Nothing must happen to her and our baby.

Please save us Lord.

Nifemi rubbed my back. I closed my eyes in disgust. I never knew she'll stoop as low as this.

She laughed wickedly. "Poor boy, Trying to save the love of his life. But unfortunately it won't work out because I'll kill her in your presence"

Shock overwhelmed me. "I beg of you, please don't cause any harm to her. I'll do as you say"

She chuckled. "That's a good boy. I want you to shoot Edna on the forehead".

I became stunned. "Please?"
She closed her eyes. Filled with rage, she gave her one of her men a signal.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaa!

"Ouch......ou...ch" I groaned in pain.

My left leg just got shot. It wasn't deep, it just bruised my leg. I held it as the blood kept rushing out excessively.
"Anthony please help! He....." Edna's voice trailed off.

Anger ran through my veins. I can't just sit back and watch this drama. Out of rage,I pushed Nifemi and the men away furiously. They staggered like chickens without stamina.

Immediately, I ran out and locked the door. No matter how hard they try, they wouldn't be able to get out of the room even if it means breaking the door.

At least, I've dealt with that.

It then occurred to me that I hid a pistol in one of my drawers at the cottage.

I managed and ran to the cottage and took the gun then hid it in my pocket. I followed the men carefully as they dragged her to the guest room.

She caught a glimpse of me. I gave her a mental note to keep calm and pretend. I quickly hid behind one of the curtains.

She licked her lips seductively at three of the men. They looked startled, ogling at the sight of her body.
"You don't need to drag me, I'll service you as much as you want"  she licked her fingers swinging her waist from side to side.

I never knew she's a very sexy seductress, she's good. Adrenaline can make a person do anything.

Don't get carried away. Your job is to kill these thugs.

I realized myself back.

"Don't try playing smart with us cause you'll regret it" one of the men warned.
She smirked. "You think I'm playing smart? Come on, you only live once"
They laughed.

"Òmò we go enjoy this toto (it's like we'll enjoy her body)" the third man said scratching his head, licking his lips as Edna pulled him closer to her.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaa! Pa! Pa! Papa papa!

I shot their backs as the bullet went deep,into their bodies. They died instantly.

"Shush. Let's hurry to your mom's before they find their way out of the room" I said dragging Edna to the car park.

She opened the gate briskly and  drove with full speed. I sighted Nifemi's car from behind. We took another way and allowed them follow another car similar to ours.

We arrived at the Ajayi's by 2am.