17.

It's Tunmise's wedding day. The reception is at Sherperdshill Hall at Victoria Island while the service is at Rose of Sharon parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Ikeja.
Enjoy!

I wake up feeling enthusiastic. Seriously I can't believe it's my brother's wedding today. I'd invited Nifemi, Chloe and some old friends. Including Anthony; we're
close all of a sudden. I'll talk about that later.

My phone rang. Mom's calling.
"Hello mom. Good morning"
"Morning my darling. Hope you're ready for today's event? And I'm sure you're on way to the Egwatu's?"

"Don't worry. Everything's under God's control"
"Amen but you need to be fast. They'll be expecting you soon"
"Okay mom. See you later". I hung up.

Mom you really need to stop worrying a lot.

I quickly wear a Jelamia, arrange my makeup kit properly and drive to the Egwatu's at Eric Moore.

*At the Egwatu's*
"Look who's here!" Mrs Egwatu exclaimed feeling excited on seeing me. We hugged each other.

"I'm so happy to see you my dear. How are you? This one you're wearing Jelamia. Let's go in"
"I'm good ma"

I can perceive the aroma of different delicacies from the corner of the house; it's a big house with three storey building.

"So where's our Iyawo's room?" I asked
She laughed. "you never cease to amaze me, Edna. It's the third room by your right on the second floor"
"Thanks"

I walk upstairs and locate the room. I knocked lightly.
The door opened. It's a slim lady of about my age. She has small eyes and long hair. Her smile is so cute.
"You're welcome. I'm sure you're Edna?"
I nod affirmatively.
"Come in" she invited.

The air conditioning swept my feet away. Damn, the air is cool and I admire her room. It's spacious and decorated with her pictures, wallpapers, girly quotes and all. The pictures of the photo shoot with Tunmise is hung all over. Her friends smiled at me as Laura held my right hand.

"Girlfriends, meet my favourite makeup artist and soon-to-be sister-in-law, Edna" Laura introduced facing her friends and adjusting her towel.
"Edna,meet my friends and bride's maids" she began moving her attention to me.

"This is Amaka, Helen, Dolapo, Chinonso and my oyinbo pèpè friend, Natalie"
"I'm glad to see you"
"You're welcome"
"She talks about you always"
"Nice meeting you"

Natalie walked up to me."I'm pleased to meet you Edna" she said with an American accent.
Her blonde hair is nice.
"Thanks girls. It's my pleasure meeting you all"
"So let's get started" Laura said

The makeup, facial treatment and hair dressing lasted for a couple of hours. I then drove back home and got dressed.
The doorbell rang.
I opened the door. It was Anthony. Surprise overwhelmed me.

I was happy that I hugged him.
He hugged me back.
"You're back? when did you return from Kentucky? "
"Last night. By the way, you look very gorgeous"
I blushed.
"Thanks"

"You're welcome. I came here so we could go together. Are we cool?"
I couldn't reject his offer.
"Of course"
He assessed me as I walked to the dining table. The gown I wore revealed my shape and I really didn't like it.

I picked up my pink clutch I'd bought in New York. I never use it except for very important occasions.
"Wait, can I take a picture of you?" he requested
"It's fine" I replied.
"Nice pose. Have a look at what I got"

I smirked "that's my style"

He started the engine as we drove. There was an awkward silence between us so I decided to start up a conversation.

"I" we said in unison.
He smiled at me but I turned my face away.
"You wanted to say something right?" I asked.
"Ladies first"
I sigh and roll my eyes.

Gentleman kor, gentleman ni.

"I love your outfit was what I wanted to say earlier"
"Thanks" he replied not expecting my last statement.

Maybe he was expecting to hear me say I missed him. Funny. .... I don't know why I feel Tony is my Mr. Right but there are other guys out there I have to meet; and he's too 😑😑

"By the way, I wanted to tell you that I missed you in a way" he said sarcastically.
"Oh well, I'll take that as a compliment"
"I'm not joking here. And you always say that, funny enough"

I pouted "thank you very much but I didn't miss you, okay?"
"Yewande. .. you never change"
"How did you know my name is Yewande? Stalker" I said like a two year old.
"Come on, you told me the night before I left for Kentucky"

So I told him. I can't recall.  This guy eh, he's spying on me small small sha. Lemme just play cool. But wait, how does he still remember it?

"Here we are" he said opening the door of the car the way couples do it. I felt loved.
"Thanks"

We walked hand in hand to the hall. I sighted Tokunbo and Dare with the other groomsmen talking and laughing with Tunmise. They are dressed in suit, waiting for the bride.

"Excuse me" I said to Anthony and walked up to my brothers.
"It's finally your day" I said giving Tunmise a warm hug.
"Congratulations brother"

"Thanks. You look beautiful. By the way, who's that guy you walked with?"
"He's a close friend of mine"

"Uhmuhm" Tokunbo cleared his throat as Dare coughed.

They haven't still grown up, naughty boys.

"Our sister is growing sha. When are you getting married? " Tokunbo asked curiously
"All of you should leave me alone. Is it not my choice?"

"Get married soon oh" Dare advised.
I punched him hard.
One of the groomsmen smirked at me. I gave him this "do I know you?" look.
"Bye. See you guys at the reception party. I'm almost late for the service"