Fall Is The Season

Fp and Alice watched from the kitchen smirking and laughing at their children. Betty and Jughead were sitting at the dining room table. Newspaper covering the expensive looking table as a tablecloth. Polly was sitting on the other side of them dipping her Apple in salted gooey caramel.

"Jug." Polly whispered across the table. Jughead looks up and smirks." Here have my apple. It's too salty for me." Jughead got up from the table and took the apple He was offered.

"Thanks." He says before sinking his teeth into the apple and a crunch can be heard throughout the room.

Alice was at the stove stirring their dinner in a pot. She occasionally snuck peeks at the recipe. She was making Autumn harvest soup. Betty's and Fp's favorite soup. Fp was cutting up the veggies for his girlfriend.

Here the funny backstory to that. The kids found about their relationship a couple months ago. Jughead was furious at first but slowly accepted them being a couple. Betty already knew about their relationship. After she and Jug snuck back to Ben Button's room after they were told not. Unfortunately when they got there, Ben was sitting on the edge and fell saying 'You'll fly, too' Betty couldn't stop thinking about that night.  Later after Jughead brought back home, She snuck downstairs to get a glass of water and found them making out on the couch. It was awkward and embarrassing on both ends. She didn't want to think about it and more and went back to bed.

And Jughead, He found out after he played the game. He was sneaking out and instead of getting caught. He caught them too. His dad yelled at him and he almost saw tears in his eyes. He didn't know his dad was so emotional over a game. By it wasn't just a game. Fp told his son the whole truth and they sworn to secrecy. He hugged his son as he blinked back his tears. He didn't want to lose his son like he lost him and the others. He ordered his son to go back to bed and they'll talk in the morning. Alice comforted him until the morning.

Fp looked over to his left and laughed at his son. His son's hands were covered in pumpkin goop. Betty rolled her eyes as her boyfriend started flicking pumpkin seeds at Polly and her.

"Jug." She quietly ordered as she gracefully scoop the leftover goop out of her pumpkin. " Knock it off and stop acting like a child."

Polly just scoffs and giggles," Calm down, Betty. You don't have to be so tense. I'm not bothered by it. So why should you be?" She says as she flicks one pumpkin seed at Jughead.

Alice rolls her eyes as she continued to stir and mix the ingredients into the pot. Sometimes her kids can be such children. Fp just laughs and grabs a handful and throws some in his son's hair.

"Dad!" Jughead whined." Not the hair!" He shakes his head and smooths his hand through his hair.

Fp rolls his eyes and mocks," Dad!" As he sticks his tongue out and puts his fingers in his ears.

Polly's laugh echoes through his ears," Mr. Jones. Can you help me carve a J into my pumpkin?" Polly asks him as she tries to get the knife unstuck.

Fp looks over at Polly and nods his head. He walks over the blonde. She looks like she really got the knife stuck. "Geez, Kid. What did you do to this poor pumpkin?" He taunted as he pulls the knife out and laughs.

Out of frustration, Polly throws up her hands," I was trying to cut the nose and I pushed the blade in too far and it got stuck." She sighs as she put her hand into the pumpkin.

Fp looks down at the girl and smiles," It's alright we all make mistakes." He pauses and looks over at his son. "Look at Jughead's. His nose is crooked." Jughead pouts and glares.

"At least I did something with mine." He directs over at his dad. He gets off the chair and picks up his dad's pumpkin and chuckles." You didn't even make the eyes right. You can still see the sharpie line left behind." Jughead's laughter grew louder as his dad crosses his arms.