Santa's List

Up on top is my Fred Andrews Tribute edit. Please check it out. I'm warning you it will make you cry. (I'm aware of the flaws. I tried to cut them out but I guess I missed one or two.) Enjoy.

"Grandma!" Juniper and Dagwood screeched as they ran across the house.

Alice was in the kitchen, gathering all the cookies from oven when she heard her grandchildren coming into kitchen.

"Juniper, Dagwood, watch the stove!" She yelled, noticing the oven was open and the kids were about to get burn.

Juniper and Dagwood quickly halt at the order and Alice notices this. She softened her face and places the cookie tray on top of the oven. "The oven is very hot, you could've gotten burned... badly. Okay, you understand?" She adds gently asking them.

"Yes, Grandma." Nodding her head, Juniper smiled.

Alice grabs the frosting from the lazy Susan and heads back to the island. "Now, munchkins, what got you all excited and jumpy?"

Juniper and Dagwood share a look and blurted out excitedly." Santa's coming soon!"

"Yes, he is."

"And, we wondered if you could take Daggy and me to see him at the ma... mall." She used Polly's puppy eyes.

Alice's eyes dazzled with delight. She always wanted to take her grandchildren to see Santa. Polly and Betty always loved the jolly man themselves.

"Sure, we'll go tomorrow after lunch."

Both her grandkids came racing into her and nearly causing her to double over from the shock. She scooped them up into her arms and kissed their heads.

"Thanks, Grandma." Dagwood smiled at Alice.

Alice's heart melted at the soft words coming from Daggy's mouth. The grand-twins were only five-years-old now. It had been five long years since their father passed away. Neither of the twins got to know their daddy. Polly since then started slowly letting herself into the dating world again.

She cupped his face with her hands and looked lovingly at him." You're welcome, Dag." She tried to say it without cringing.

She thought Pollyanna could've done been with their names. Juniper was too bad but Dagwood what kind of name is that. Betty and Jughead moved to New York and we're both studying at NYU. Charles stayed local and Polly, she moved to greendale and the kids were just visiting over winter break.

"Grandma?"

She looked over to see Juni, smiling to herself." Yes, Juni?"

Her eyes sparkled like Polly's. Her long blond-reddish hair swayed back and forth as she jumped up and down.

"And grandpa come too?" Alice's widened by the word.

It took a second to realize what she was getting at." Oh, yes, FP, I'll ask him if would like to after dinner."

"We want to help you!" Daggy squealed, pointing at the can of frosting on the counter top.

Alice reaches for Dagwood, picking him off the ground and placed him onto the stool. Juniper found her own way get up where her brother was. Her aunt, Cheryl taught her to move the stool herself.

"Good job, Juni!" Alice applauded.

"Auntie Cheryl teached me." Juniper giggled, grabbing a cookie from the cooling rack.

Alice giggles at her mispronunciations and gently corrects her." Taught."

Juniper stops what she's doing and looks up to her grandma." Taught?"