Pumpkin Patch : 1

The kids gathered around the pumpkin patch, seeking for the best pumpkin. This year was a little different then other times at the Pumpkin Farm. It had been years since FP had step foot into a Pumpkin patch. Ever since Gladys took off, taking Jellybean. He didn't feel into the holidays like Christmas,Thanksgiving or even Halloween.

Alice decided that it was time to pick out some pumpkins to carve. It took her sometime to get him convinced.

"Come on, Forsythe. It's going to be fun. Hayrides, burlap sacks on slides and it says that you can even make scarecrows!" Alice excitedly blurted as she mixed some dough for the cookies she's making.

FP rolled his eyes at the idea. Who even enjoys making scarecrows out of straw? He didn't know people who did. Well all his friends were at the Wyrm, besides Fred. He was different. He knew Fred wouldn't want him to miss out on this opportunity.

"I don't know, Alice. It's expensive." He pointed out.

Jughead looked over at Jellybean, who held a smirk on her lips. He knew that JB hasn't been to the Pumpkin Farm in so long. She told him that Gladys didn't bother with that. She was too busy running her chop shop to pay attention to silly festivities like that.

"Don't worry about the money, FP. I've got some saved up." Alice kept pushing the idea.

She rolled out the dough in her hands and placed the ball onto the board. Then she grabbed the rolling pin, smoothing over the lumpy clumps in the dough. FP simply shook his head. Alice looked up for a second and rolled her eyes.

"Stop with the pride, FP. I don't mind paying, and I know money has been tight since I moved back in. As soon as I get back on my feet, Betty and I will be out your hair." FP felt his heart skip.

"It's my pride." He defended himself," I just don't want you to pay for my kids. I have my own money, and I understand you want to help, but I'm good, Alice."

She slowly drops the rolling pin to the counter, and walks over to FP," Fine, you can pay your half, and I'll pay mine."

Jughead sees Betty descending down the staircase. He caught her lurking with a huge smile on her face.

"Mr. Jones, what do you say? We can all go to Farm and I mean an actual Pumpkin Farm as a family." Alice catches him sighing.

"Fine, we can go, let me just get dressed." Jellybean starts humming happily for everyone to hear.

—x—x—

The sky lit brightly with an golden sun appearing in front of the water. Alice stopped the car, twisting the keys and smirked toward FP. He rolled his eyes again for the several time that day.

"Girls, stick together." Betty and Jellybean nodded before strolling away to see the round pumpkins. Alice turned around, darting her eyes toward Jughead." J-" He cut her off.

"I got it, Ms. Smith." He trailed off, earning a satisfied smile from Alice.

"Good, Good, Jughead. See you and the girls in twenty minutes for the hay ride. Got it?" Jughead nodded tersely, eager to find Betty and his sister.

"Got it, Ms. Smith. We'll meet you around by the line in twenty minutes." He stated, shooting his dad a look.

"See you in a little bit, Jug. Don't eat all those suckers. They're for the kids." FP cracked a joke, but it meant every word.

While the kids picked their pumpkins, Alice took a moment to grab FP's wrist gently. He looked up at her with surprise in his eyes. She wanted to kiss him, but she was afraid of getting hurt again. She had given him many chances and each time he blew them up. She was tired of getting hurt, being burned, obliterated by his choices, and actions.

She had a difficult time letting herself get swept away in a dream. FP had been a dream that she longed for- for such a long time. She wasn't sure if she was his dream or not. All she knew was that he meant everything to her.

She went undercover to save her family. FP broke her heart to protect his. Little did he know that he ended up getting burned in the process and broke her heart. Betty recently told her that Gladys only came back for Hiram's drugs that Hermione sold her. She guessed that maybe he was afraid after all.

He had only did what he thought was best for his family. Just like when she went for Hal to protect Charles.

"Alice?" She shook her head from her thoughts, looking up at him.

His face carried a concerned expression." Oh, sorry, I was just... uh thinking..."

"About?" He asked while he paid for Jellybean's pumpkin.

"The Farm, I'm glad Polly's getting her help. I just miss her so much." She wasn't lying. She had been thinking Polly too. She just didn't tell the whole truth.

FP accepted the cash back from the lady at the check out, pocketed the money and then turned back to Alice. His expression was soft. He didn't like seeing her down like this. He knew how hard it was to have to put Polly into rehab.

She had cried endlessly since she had moved back in with him. Well it was her house before Gladys anonymously bought the old Cooper house without his acknowledgment.

He couldn't be mad at her for buying the house. He would've had to tell her why and that would've spilled the beans about their affair. Anyways she had opened her own faults and he let her go.

"Oh... Al. She's gonna be out in six weeks. Haven't spoken to her doctors?" He asked, hoping not to make her cry.

"Yeah. Her doctors said she passing all the test with flying colors and has showed significant signs of improvement." A smile appeared as she spoke to him all about her achievements.

They talked until it was time to meet up with the kids for the Hay rides. Betty sat between Jughead and Jellybean. She noticed that Jellybean enjoyed her company and how could she deny her that. Charles couldn't come due to a last minute meeting over the Farm's trial.

"Everyone has to stay seated until the ride is over." They heard the announcer say as they got into their spots.

Jellybean curled into Betty's side, sleepily rubbing her eyes and Betty sighed. Jughead and FP smiled at the cute sight. Jellybean doesn't normally cozy up to people like she does with Betty.

"Daddy, look there's cows!" Jellybean exclaimed. She was excited. She hadn't seen cows in person before other than on TV.

FP chuckled at his daughter's fondness of the Farm animals. Betty squealed when she felt her seat moving. She turned around and saw that one of the cows were eating her seat.

"Oh, you are eating my seat." Betty says while gigging at the moment.

She hadn't felt so carefree in such a long time. Halloween was soon and part of her had a fear that the Black Hood was coming back to get her. She wanted to enjoy this while the feeling was still awake in her body.

Alice was enjoying this moment as a family. She hadn't felt like a family in a long time. She always wanted FP to be there. Hal was control and she felt stuck.

With FP she didn't feel that way. She felt like she could be herself. She only wished that he would want her.

After the hayride, they all got off, smiling and happy. Betty found Jughead eating the suckers his dad told him not. They all decided to go to Pop's for lunch.

"Okay. I owe an apology, Alice. I had a lot of fun and I should've just let go of my pride." He admitted.

Alice smiled knowing she was right," You just needed a push and I'm glad you had fun, FP."

"Let's make this an annual thing. What do you say?" He asked as he looked around.

"Sounds good." Jughead replies, stuffing his face with food.

Betty smiled," Sure, Mr. Jones."

Alice walked up to him and kissed him," You got me at "let's", So we're a family?"

"Yes, we're a family." He said as he pulled away and grabbed her hand into his.