Lying Is A Crime, Jones

Lie is a lie. No matter what the lie is.... it's still a lie. So when Gladys came back into town for unknown reasons Betty and Jughead went to work. It had been a week since their investigation started and they were still no where closer than the day before. Jughead could feel that something wasn't right. His mom was hiding something from them. He just didn't know what that is... yet.

Even FP had his suspicions. When he went to pick up Jug from Toledo, Jellybean wouldn't even look at him and now she's hugging him, helping around the trailer and fixed his bike. He wonders what is up that little's sleeve. He just felt like he was being played and he didn't like it. He went to Alice for help, undoubtedly she would help him. Alice has never liked Gladys since she first met her. She didn't know what it was about her. She just had this vibe... that rubbed her in the wrong way.

"Did you find anything?" FP asked her as he walked into her office. Alice sighed and stood up. She didn't want to tell him but she knew he deserved to know.

"Well I did..." He didn't like the tone in her voice. It was soft and his stomach tightened. He had been right. He didn't want to be right. That meant all this was a lie. A lie that he would never forget.

He placed a hand on her shoulder and she shuddered. She hated that she was right too. "Well what is it?"

......Three hours prior....

She was leaving the house to get a bite to eat from Pop's. She walked in the diner, looking up at the menu even though she already knew what she going to have. Pop gave her a smile before pouring her a cup of morning joy. She sipped at the steamy cup and exhaled in relief. God she missed this coffee. She haven't had it since she join the farm. Which she found out was a cult. Of course it was the hard way. She almost died and ever since then she refused to return.

"I have daddy around my finger. Yesterday, I helped him with cleaning after dinner. Our plan is working smoothly."

Alice couldn't believe what she was hearing. This couldn't be real. There was no way his own wife and daughter were playing him.

"Good job, JB. What about your brother? Is he suspicious? If that kid messes around, he's going to get hurt and that's not our plan, JB." She heard Gladys's snake voice. She knew that bitch's voice from anywhere.

"I don't think so, Mom. I've been asking for him help with my record player and when he wasn't working I looked on his laptop. He has hard evidence about the drugs, Mom."

"JB, don't worry. Your brother isn't that smart. He didn't even know I was running a branch of serpents back in Toledo. We will be fine."

"But mom—"

"JB. Keep your voice down!" Gladys warned her daughter. She looked around to make sure they were alone. Not to her knowledge, Alice had heard the entire thing. "The more we talk. The more people will figure out I've been dealing the drugs."

"Mom, what about that lodge bitch?" Alice couldn't make out which one. Most of the lodges were bitches. Well besides Veronica. She had nothing against her. It wasn't her fault her parents are blood hungry crime lovers.

Gladys laughed darkly." Oh JB, I have her under my finger. Even her little boy toy. I can't believe her mother is making her do her dirty work. Hermione hired your father to kill the boss man and well this went south. The drugs went underground and Lodge's girl is working for us. I got her boy's hot ride."

This just sweetened the pot. FP attempted murder just fucking great. She wanted to kill Gladys now. She couldn't believe that this woman was the true definition of the devil. The devil reincarnated. She left the diner with all the truth and there was no way Gladys would get away with this. She wouldn't let that happen.