Happy Birthday

Alice gathered her stuff into a suitcase, pulling all the streamers into a bag. It had been a few weeks since she returned from the farm investigation. She had gotten the newspaper with Jughead's writing for Fred's obituary. She was devastated. She knew that she wasn't the kindest to the man who lived next-door, but she didn't wish him to die.

He died a hero. She couldn't imagine what Archie and Mary have been going through. Now that she was back home, and it was his birthday.

October 11, 2019, hurt the town's heart so much. She was digging in the garden, when she spotted a thing in the ground. She grabbed her shovel in her hand and started to dig into the dirt. She kept digging until she hit something. She put her gloved-hands into the ground, pulling out a metal box.

She looked around curious if it was meant to be there. She could feel the tears that inhabiting her eye-socket's starting to fall," What the hell...." She whispered to herself as she brushed off the dirt, revealing the name.

She was stunned beyond belief. Fred Andrews was on the box. His name, but why was it there? She opened the box slowly, almost gingerly as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Alice!" She heard a voice call for her, but she was too into her own head to hear clearly.

Her eyes were submerged into that letter. She couldn't think about anything else. He knew this might happen. That thought horrified her to the core of her body. She couldn't believe that he was gone. It had been only three months since they had said goodbye to him.

FP saw her fall her to her knees, and became worried when she didn't move. She came racing outside from the house. Jughead looked confused at the sudden action, looks at Betty for answers. Betty shrugged her shoulders and they followed him to the backyard.

"Alice?" He said again. He stepped closer, hearing the sobs get stronger," Al, what is it?" His voice filled with concern.

Alice looked away, watery eyes capsizing his own. He hated to see her so broken and shattered," H-He-"

FP knelt down next to her," He what?"

Betty and Jughead saw the letter fall loosely from Alice's hand. Betty went to pick it up from the dirt, dusting it before her eyes widened at the sight. She dropped it, causing Jughead to look over at Betty with worry in his eyes as she took off running toward the Andrews house.

The door opens, revealing Archie, and his mom, Mary Andrews looking at the girl, while being dragged," Betty, What is going on?" Archie asks as Betty pulled and glancing back towards his mom who had the same look in her eyes as him.

Mary's eyes widened at the sight when he saw the words on the letter. What was going on? She couldn't believe he had wrote them a letter. She let out a shallow breath and read on for everyone to hear.

Dear Alice,
If you're reading this, I bet you couldn't keep yourself from finding the truth. I'm sorry if I was taken from this town. I know you never hated me, or disliked me. I know you actually cared for me. I know you feel like shit for never telling me, but I've known all this time.

I knew that I was going to die someday. I may not know when, but I knew I was gonna. I don't want to you to blame yourself. It may have been the black hood or another accident. I hope I was drunk. I want to you to watch out for FP. He's gonna need you when I'm gone. He may seem like nothing's gonna hurt him, but I know I was his best friend. And, he'll be mine for the rest of my life. He will always be my best friend.

Or, if it is Jughead, I want you to know that you were the best son that came to steal my food. Yes, I loved you so much, and still do. I want you to watch out for your father, and Betty. And most importantly my son, Archie. Don't eat all my food. I'm in the sky, looking down on you. So, don't break your promise, son.

It could be Betty, You always loved playing around like Nancy Drew. I wouldn't be surprised or the least bit shocked if it was you to find this. I've enjoyed you're company when Mary left. I want to say thank you for watching out for Archie.

Or it could be FP Jones, Oh, man. I'm sorry about anything that had gone wrong. I'll cherish all the memories with us in Fredhead's. Now, I look back on that name and I'm thinking. Why Fredhead's? Also, did you name Jughead after our band? I'll never know, but I'll find out from above. I want you to stay strong, don't drink. I know you want to. If you found it, you might be drunk. It's a far away from the trailer. Also, I doubt you're in your fifties. I wanted to make a speech at your birthday bash, but I'm not the best with speeches. You're probably going to shake your head and laugh saying that I am good at speeches.

Or Archie, son, I'm sorry if you never got to say goodbye or if you did. I wish it wasn't like this. Maybe I was gone too soon. I'll always be proud of you, son. I know you don't feel like you make me proud, but you do. I'll always love you, Archie. Stay strong, my baby boy. Yes, I'm the heart of Riverdale, but your my son, which makes you also the heart of this town too. I want you to move on from this town. Don't get me wrong, I love this town, but I want what's best for you. And, tell your mom, even though we fell apart, she was still the one that kept me together.

To whoever is reading this, I'm home, and will always be there for you!

Love, Fred Andrews.

The whole yard was in tears and couldn't believe that he had left them a letter. It answered a lot of their questions. Alice and FP were the most shocked. They missed him so much and today they really need him. It was his birthday; he would've been 53 years old today.

They ate their cake before they ate. Alice stood up and said a few words," I just wanted to say 'Happy birthday, Fred' I know you're watching us from above and frankly, I find that creepy, but I'm thankful. We all love you so much." Jughead cheered before cutting himself a piece.

Betty smiled and said," To Mr. Andrews." Before taking a sip of her drink.

Mary, Tom, Hermione, Sierra, FP and Alice raised their glasses," To Fred." They said in unison before taking sips from their glasses too.

--

I know it's a day late, but I wanted to wish Luke Perry a happy birthday. I know Fred's not in his fifties. But honestly I have no clue how old he was in the show. We also never got his birthday.

The songs inspired were," If you're reading this by Tim McGraw, and Temporary home by Carrie Underwood.

Happy birthday, luke even though it's a day late. I wanted to show you how I miss you. Have a great birthday up in heaven. We all love and miss you so much! Rest In Peace up there. ❤️🙏🏻