Flash Of An Eye

Alice's mind was on overdrive as she thought about the days, hours and years she had been wanting to be with the love of her life. She hopped into her car mind blanking on what she was going to say. Today she was going to finally give Fp the answer she had wanting to give for awhile now. Her head was spinning as she turned down the roads she knew like the back of her head.

Opening the door to not what she had imagined. Her love of her life with his jeans down to his ankles. She had to blink back the furious tears as she backed his hands away. She didn't care anymore. She was ready to tell him she was still in love with him. Fp kept giving her lame excuses. What hurt the most was she had been waiting for him for twenty-Six years. And he couldn't wait for her. She backed away from him as he got closer, trying to reach for her cheek. Betrayal was all she could hear as she stood there emotionally scarred listening to him list the reasons she had it all wrong. But all she heard was that the girl by his bed was blonde and sexy. She didn't hear how much he loved her.

"Alice, please don't leave." She listened to him beg for her mercy. Her mind kept racing. Why was she here? Why did he hurt her? And why did she put her heart down to be broken again? She shook her head gasping for a breath. She didn't need the reasons or why's. She needed him to stay. And not break her heart.

Turning away from him was the hardest decision she had ever made. Was it her fault? If she hadn't gotten with Hal would they still be together? She honestly didn't know. Or may never know the answer to the unknown. "Alice please! It's not what it looks like! Just let me explain!" She heard him yell as she was halfway to her car, melting at every word he yelled as the door slammed shut.

A slammed door caused her heart to finally collapse at the thought. She had waited too long. It was too late. She couldn't change the past. Reaching for her keys, jamming them into the ignition, turning the keys fiercely and driving off in a dayless mind. Most of the ride she couldn't stop the tears from falling. He moved on. She was too late. Too late. Too late. Just kept replaying in her brain as she wiped her salty tears harshly out of her eyes. Her tears didn't stop from falling. Her stomach was in knots. Her heart was impaled, her lungs didn't have oxygen without him, her sanity was gone. There was nothing left in her. All had disappeared when her heart gave in and impaled.

Turning a corner sharply unaware her vision was inpaired from the pain she received. She didn't realize until she was falling forward from an impact. Her head hit the steering wheel and she caught a horrific sight. Her car was heading in cheetah speed toward a telephone pole. Her body lunged forward, leaving bruising impaction and slow pain ripping through her spine. Agony overthrew her shock system as she felt the car tumble and splatter back down. She remember feeling like she was losing her vision. Spots started appearing. She knew that there was some kind of damage. Her chance had come and gone. Was this her punishment for waiting too long? Her breathing hitched as she felt water in her lungs. She coughed violently as a sharp shards stabbed her face from the shattered windshield. Her head throbbed unbelievably bad. Bad wasn't in the word she would use to describe her pain or rant for the matter. Pictures, memories flashed before her eyes. She felt like she was dying. Maybe she had already died. What would her daughter think? Would she be sad and anger with her? She honestly didn't know the answer to that impossble question. She knew her daughter was still aching over losing her father to the reality. Her father was the animatic killer the Black Hood. She felt compassion for her daughter. She didn't want to leave. She didn't hear anybody. Nobody had seen the crash. Her lungs started to collapse. Her last thoughts became a wonder. Fp Jones would forever be her love.

A daughter's nightmare soon became her living nightmare. She wasn't aware until her hands were trembling and then her phone slipped away like her mother had from her. "Is this Elizabeth Cooper?" Her phone voiced into her thoughts became her reality. She slowly opened her mouth, hurting profusely each movement passing in eerily silence. "It's Elizabeth Smith. Is there something wrong?" Maybe she shouldn't have asked. "Ms Smith. You're mother has been seriously injured. Her car hit a telephone pole and-" Her mother was seriously injured. "Oh My God!" She cries as she stumbles to fetch her keys. "Ms Smith. Hello?" She didn't hear them after she dropped the phone and shut her car door.