Father's Day Surpise

Betty, Jughead and Jellybean decided to plan a little surprise for FP. Ever since Alice's rescue from the Farm. FP seemed to be feeling down. Well rightfully so... after the years he's had lately; who wouldn't be. Each year, FP would get lonely because both of his kids weren't there, so he drank.

He drank until he passed out. Those were lonely nights for him. When Jughead moved back, he stopped drinking, started to get his life back together.

Him and Alice still hasn't spoken about anything since he told her she didn't matter. Gladys is long gone now. After finding out that Gladys was the one dealing the fizzle rocks. He came to a decision to not worry so much. Gladys never wanted to work things out; he should've known.

He sat on the bed, staring endlessly at the wall, thinking hard about something. He didn't bother moving, he kept staring at the wall. His mind was consumed by his thoughts.

"Dad?" A soft voice broke his con-centration, looking slightly toward the unopened door, he sighed loudly.

"Yes..."

"Can I come in?"

Assuming he said "yes", the door opened, revealing Jug and JB," We've got a surprise!" Jellybean cheered, quickly switching on the light.

He blinked painfully at the bright lights and slowly sat up, absorbing the whiff of bacon. He sniffed the air, the smell made him hungry.

"What is it, sweetie?" He asked, still rubbing at his tired eyes.

The door moved an inch, showing a big plate of eggs, bacon and fluffy pancakes. A smile crept onto his face and his eyes widen. "Oh... wow this is amazing!" He stated after stuffing his face with some food.

Jughead rolled his eyes and laughed," Well I'm glad you like it!" He sighed," It wasn't us."

FP looked up from his plate and opens his mouth," What—"

Before he could finish his sentence, another person appeared from behind the door. He didn't expect to see her again. Also, not only she was there, someone he thought he'd never see.

"Charles..." His mouth dropped open, tears started to flow over and his voice began to crack. "Alice... how— when— what's going on?"

"For starters, Charles is alive, second is that I was undercover and, Third, Happy Father's Day!" Alice's cheery voice made FP start to cry openly.

Dad?" His eyes shifted," Yes?"

"I wanted to say I love you and thought that you and Charles..." Jughead started. His throat became dry, Alice noticed and fetched something for him to drink. "Thanks."

—-xx—

Later that day, FP awoken from his nap, slowly opened his door. He thought it was a dream. It's a dream, FP, he told himself as he re-opened his eyes.

"You're real? That wasn't a dream?" He was confused and more tears rolled down his face.

Charles smiled, nodding his head," Dad... I'm real. You're not having a dream, I'm really here."

FP embraces tightly under the man, holding him close to him. It wasn't a dream. His son was actually alive. He was fine and actually good.

For the first in years, He felt good, no drinks or lies could ruin his life anymore. No more serial killers or murder mysteries to clean up. He was happy with his life the way it is.

"Who made the pancakes?" He asked out of nowhere, causing everyone to laugh.

"Alice."

FP quickly spun around, Alice smiled brightly at him and kissed her. Jughead, Betty and JB didn't care. After the year, they had. It was time for happiness.

——-
Happy Father's Day! Sorry it's a day late. I started it yesterday. Or Mom's that have to do both jobs. I hope you enjoyed it.