Springbreak Finale

—xxx. Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers for 4x9: " Tangerine." I really hope this isn't what I think it is from the mid-season finale. I really hope it's a ruse to trick us. But I'm also afraid it's not. I refuse to believe it until I get more proof.  I'm warning it's pretty long. I haven't written something so long in awhile.

It has multiple flashbacks and flash forwards. I also want to apologize in advance. I don't actually believe this person could do it. I have a feeling that they want us to believe he's dead. They've done this before.

FP could come off harsh, but he had his reasons in the story. I also know if his son actually died... he would want vengeance. He went to fight Penny and the Ghoulies in 2x22 or before Jughead woke up. This isn't the first time either. He went after Hiram for putting a hit on his son.

Enjoy :) (Bring tissues. This isn't going to be happy.) also I wrote this before the newest episode came out!

—xxx

The day his world came to a stop. He didn't want to believe the words exiting from his mouth. His heart pounded at the exist of the words in this head.

No. Jughead was.... he couldn't bring himself to think about it.

He thought back to the call. The one that changed his whole world. The one that broke him into pieces. The one that he tried to stop thinking about. Only five weeks ago.... His son was coming to him in that hospital.

Spring break wasn't supposed to end like this... not ever should it have ended like that. He sent his son off thinking he would come home. As the sheriff he had obligations to his town. But as a father he had them too. He had to protect them and yet he seemed to fail every damn time.

—-xx—

...-Five Weeks Ago-...

"Are you sure you and your friends are going to be okay?" He asked his son as he watched him pack his belonging into a suitcase.

Jughead looked up to him after shutting his suitcase." Yes, we'll be alright, Dad."

FP worried every time since Penny and Penelope nearly killing his son and his son's friends that night on a quest for revenge. It was just his nerves talking.

"Tell Red to make sure to stop for gas before you go."

He heard Jughead groan." Yes, I'll tell him, Dad. Quit worrying. Nothing is going to happen to us out there."

Alice smirked at the worried line in his forehead and stepped forward. "FP, let the boy breathe. It's his last spring break before college. There's no trouble he can get into." As Alice's new role she took on to prove to Betty she will stop latching on. She decided to let FP loosen up too.

Betty exchanges a look with her boyfriend." Thanks, Mom." She said as she gave her a hug before shrugging towards Jughead.

"Betty!" She looked toward her Mom." Yes?" Alice stands in front of her and smiles." Be safe out there and don't drink too much."

Betty shakes her head." We will and no drinking won't be happening." She gave a FP glance.

FP seemed relieved by that comment. She knew that FP wasn't a fan of Jughead drinking since what happened to him and his father. She knows that he wants better for his son and drinking wasn't the answer to that.

Alice smiled at her daughter before relaxing a little." Alright, drive safe."

"Ms. Smith, Archie and Vee are waiting for us." Jughead stated interrupting the mother and daughter moment.