Controlled

He knew what he started was wrong, but he couldn't seem to stop being controlled. Here's the thing about Chic, he couldn't let go of grudges. His boyfriend hadn't seem like he would try to kill him or control his life. Now that he was twenty-six years old, an FBI agent and since gotten his family back, he didn't know what to do. He was stuck in a controlling relationship.

He feared what Chic would do to his family if he found out that Charles had started trusting him. He even helped fake his youngest brother's death, saved his mother from the Farm and helped his father with the shady man. Sure at first, that was Chic. The truth was that Chic threatened to attack his family.

After Betty went to visit him, against everyone's guidance, her suspicions were correct. She had every right since Chic pretended to be him. Charles almost died on an overdose that was the truth. Chic warned him he needed to get clean. Him and Chic fought about it that night and in truth... he ran because his drug addiction made him fear that Chic was controlling.

"FP, I need to be honest about something." He started as he walked into a room and saw his father sitting on the couch.

His father adjusted his reading glasses on his face and looked up from his paper. All of a sudden, Charles felt the room get stiff.

"What is it, Charles?" The look in his father's eyes made him slightly crack under the pressure.

"I-I have a b-boyfriend." FP closed his paper, placing onto the couch cushion next to him and looks back at his son's nervous features.

He could see the way his son's cheeks flushed when he said the words that came out of his mouth. He had to be honest... he was a bit stunned by the news. He didn't know much about his oldest son and maybe that was his fault. He didn't want to betrayed again. Chic had told him that he died but was that the case? No, his son was standing in the same room coming out to him as gay. His son likes boys or now he should say men.

He had no problem with his son's sexual orientation. His son could like dogs or any gender and he would be supportive.

"Charles... wow.. I-I wasn't expecting that but I fully support you for whoever this man is. You are my son and I will always love you." Here comes the guilt knocking at the door, Charles thought.

"Thank you, FP... but--" he was cut off by a warm hug. He didn't have time to prepare himself for the affectionate hug. His father's arms were wrapped around him tightly.

"I'm so proud of you, Son." FP whispers affectionately in his son's ear.

Those words almost made Charles start to tear up. He blinked back the unshelled tears and gave his father a hug back. "D-Dad... I can't breathe." He managed to squeeze out.

FP quickly notices this and releases Charles from his bone crushing hug. "Sorry." He mutters a little embarrassed. His lips curl into a grin." Now who's the special man who captures my son's heart?"

He notices that Charles becomes silent and doesn't say anything for at least a few moments. Charles's cheeks flushed up again, feeling the pressure from the air in his body exhaling from his lungs. "Charles..." he starts seeing a tear roll down his cheeks.

Charles swallows the bad taste in his throat and tries to focus on the ground instead of looking his father in the eyes. At first he wanted his family to pay, but now he knows that they were victims as much as he was. He didn't know how to make it right. He knew as soon as he says what he's about to say there was no going back. It took months to get Betty to trust him. Right before he got here, he called Chic's lawyer and Chic called him.

An hour ago

"I can't do this anymore, Chic. They are good people and I was wrong." He heard Chic laugh out a snort.

"They are good people, babe. Your mother gave you away and then shut the door on you before you came to live at the hostel."

"But, Chic--" he was cut off with Chic's heavy growl.

"This is my game, Charles Smith. You are just a pawn. FP Jones ruined my life after he sold my cousin, Gary drugs. He doesn't deserve to have the life he does. The stonewall kids were hired by me to kill your brother, Jughead Jones. Now, we have our plans set-"

Charles gasps." It was you? You tried to kill Jughead? What did Jug ever to do to you?" He truly had no idea Chic was responsible for his brother's attempted murder.

"He was a squeaky wheel, it was his time to go!" Chic growled angrily.

"I can't do this anymore. They are my family. I won't hurt them anymore." His voice stood tall and held it's strength.

"Fine, have your way. Just know If you do this, say bye-bye to your family." And the phone clicked leaving Charles shook.

NOW

FP moves closer to his son." Charles... buddy.. what is it?" Charles felt guilty. He knew he would love to have a family. A family that takes the fall for each other. He had seen it from day one. His father always helped his mother, brother or even Betty.

"It's Chic." FP's jaws clicks. "He's been controlling me. He set up Stonewall kids to try to kill Jughead. I don't know what he's going to do. He said I should say goodbye to you guys. I'm scared..."

FP takes in everything his son said. His son was in an abusive, controlling, man, Chic. The guy that got his son hooked on drugs. He looked into Chic's history and he's been arrested four different times.

"Charles... why didn't you tell me, Chic was controlling you?"

"At first I hated you all... but it changed when I got to know you guys. Chic threatened to kill me and my entire family if I didn't comply.  I had no clue was trying to kill Jughead. He knew that Betty didn't trust me, so he let it slip that he knew where the Shady man was buried. I tried to stop him but he told me if I didn't that I would be the next dead. I was trying to protect you and myself...I'm so sorry, Dad." FP drew into a hug.

"We will get you out of this and I know just the way. He confessed that he tried to kill Jughead and since he's not dead... he will still get more time. He will be moved to a maximum prison and you won't have to deal with him." Charles started crying into his arms.

"I'm sorry." He rubbed his son's back and muttered." Shhh... it's okay."

He knew his son felt awful. He hated himself for falling into an controlling relationship. He told Alice later and She agreed that this plan was foolproof.

Three months later, Charles started dating someone new, Alice and FP got engaged and Betty and Jughead both moved to Connecticut. Jughead finally got back the rights to his book and came to visit his father and his step-mother, Alice every once in awhile.

—xxx

This was written from something happened in my life. Someone I know was in a controlling relationship, no murder wasn't evolved thank goodness. But I also don't believe Charles is the true mastermind. Chic is pretty messed up in the head and that to me seems like a controlling relationship.