Nanny: 1

As the local politician, Alice Smith ran the town community. Riverdale is a small town and always had kept her on her toes. Recently her two nieces and nephew had moved into her house after their mother, Penny and father, Hal Cooper were sent to prison under money embezzlement.

Alice had no children, and was a single business woman who had her life flipped upside down by her own sister, Penny and her husband, Harold Cooper.

"Aunt Al!" She heard her eldest niece yell from the kitchen.

She dropped her shoes to the ground and called back," Yes, Polly?"

"I got suspended again." Alice frowned as she walked down the staircase.

She looked at Polly, shaking her head. How could Pollyanna get suspended yet again from Stonewall Prep? This was the second time since she moved in with her. Alice couldn't have her niece getting pregnant like her mother, who was now locked up.

"Polly, you got suspended from Stonewall again?" Polly looked up from her nails and nodded.

"The girl deserved it. She kept saying stuff about my mom and Dad. And I couldn't let it go by without me checking her attitude at the door." Alice missed her days as cool aunt Alice.

Now she had to be the one to disciplined instead of being the fun aunt. She knew Penny's actions displayed on Polly's.

Alice placed a hand on her hip," Polly, I have a very important debate tonight and I have to get ready." She saw Polly's pout," I'll talk to your teachers tomorrow to straighten things up."

Polly ran up to hug her aunt," Thanks, Aunt Alice!" She exclaimed before running up to her room.

Alice sighs deeply as she returns to her bedroom to get ready for the debate. She was very nervous. She knew that a lot of the questions would be about her sister and her husband's involvement.

--xx-

Alice owned her moves as she walked up to the podium to give her speech. She smiled as she saw her father standing in the back. She sighed quietly to herself from the judgment of her father's eyes.

"Hello, everybody, I'm council Woman, Smith. I'm here to answer your questions." She greeted as her heart pulsed against her chest.

A guy starts walking closer with a garbage bag in his hands. Alice tries to seem unaffected. She had to cut garbage pickups.

"We have cut classes to 22 students-" she was cut off by a guy carrying a garbage.

"This is garbage that's piling outside my restaurant! 'Cause you cut pickups!"

She stood her ground."Well, reduction in trash services is what pays for the smaller class sizes." She answers confidently without breaking a sweat.

When she just thought she could handle what came next, a guy pops up and says," Hey, don't be that guy that brings garbage into a public Arena and acts like a crazy person. Act like a gentleman." The gentleman told the man with garbage to stand down.

She was about to say thank you. But just like that the question changed," Thank you."

"Now where the hell's the money your brother-in-law stole from me!" The man in the suit threw the question at her.

She knew they someone would bring that up. Luckily she was prepared.

"What my sister and my brother-in-law did was, okay. But, that's not me. Let me ask the room." She spoke into the microphone," Does anybody have a relative they're not exactly proud of?"

She watched as some hands rose into the air and she lets out a chuckle," Ha,so it's not just me."

Later that day, she walked into the room just as she was getting ready for her big date of the evening. Since her sister's kids moved in. She didn't have a lot time herself anymore.