Reflect On The Pain

"Let's be honest the only reason you read my manuscript was so I wouldn't catch on." The words stung deep beyond the bone.

It was beyond the truth. He did read it to keep him safe, from the monster that laid deep in the shadows. He fought back the agony that rose in his chest. The words stung in between his heart, separating it into two.

"Never come back here. Understand me?" That was the word that exited his mouth.

The sheer pain reflecting onto his cheeks and the broken look in his eyes made him want to take it all back. He didn't mean it, but it was to keep his son safe from the enemy.

He was willing to throw away his chances to keep his bloodline alive. He felt as he was walking into the fire, searing at every burn that touched his soul. But this had to be done.

"Yeah, I understand."

The door slammed behind him, leaving the father's head against the iron bars, begging, praying that was enough to keep his son safe.

-xxx-
The same fight, different circumstances, same agony played in his head. It had been three years since that regretful night, and he still wouldn't do any other way. If his son was still kicking, that was enough for him.

FP Jones, former ex-convict, had picked up the pieces since then, he became a devoted father and boyfriend.

The last word he said to his son was out of anger. He tried to break away from his thoughts but he couldn't. It would always bring him back to where it all started.

A future.

That was what FP wanted for his son, and yet... natural selection had other plans.

-xxx-

"We found his phone in your jacket." These words the words that he never thought he would ever have to say out loud. He listened along side Alice to Betty's explanation.

But the word kept ringing saying these warnings - like bells. "Don't trust her." He pushed away the warnings and kept listening.

He had to know what was going on. Alice whispered soft comforting words to him as Betty went upstairs.

"He's going to be okay, baby." He wanted to believe her. He really did but his belief seemed to lack of trust as of right now.

-xxx-
"Sheriff Jones, I think I found something!" He heard Archie's shout and came rushing towards the clearing.

He looked down, his heart shattered as he spotted the sight. A blackened outline of Serpent grew lighter in the dark ominous night as slow moving tears found their way to his grief stricken cheeks. His son - his blood laid as seemly to look dead. His mind automatically shook that thought away.

He knew he was in denial. But he had to know for sure. He slowly pushed Archie out of the way and carefully crept down the sides and fell to his knees at the weight of his baby on that woodsy ground. He gingerly placed two fingers to his son's neck to find a single hope - a pulse, unfocusing on the world around him.

"FP!" He heard a shout.

He didn't bother to move, he stayed focused on Jughead's body. His forehead bloodied, his eyes closed and the anguish slowly creeping into the father's heart came closer and closer.

"FP, Baby... wait...." He looked up with teary eyes taking in Alice's figure in the dark.

Alice caught the sight and her stomach clenched violently at what she had witnessed.

"There's no pulse." She quickly came next to him and pulled him to her arms. "He's gone..." He had lost, all his tears came down his face as he buried himself into her arms.