Nanny: 7

"Austin?"

The pure confusion, hurt and defeat were all shown on FP's face. What was he doing here. Austin was thinking the same thing as FP. "FP?" The two men stare at each other. "Can somebody say something? It feels like we've been standing here for six months."

FP's still by the door, facing them." What's he doing here?" It had been a long drive from New Jersey all the way to Riverdale with little to no breaks and probably going way over the speed limit.

Alice stammered nervously in front of FP and Austin. Oh, shit... she's in deep water right now. What was she going to say? She can't say it was nothing but it was something. "Well, he.. that is to say, Austin, because he has a name, stopped over."

"Well, it's a little more than that." Austin budded in.

Alice sighed."Yeah yeah. I'm getting there." She pauses and then begins to explain what happened before he showed up. "Um, Austin has reevaluated his previously stated position vis-a-vis.." She trails off suddenly struggling to string the word together.

FP stopped her." Okay, I'm not getting anywhere with her, so I'm gonna move onto you." FP slowly walked toward the couple in front of him, asking the man," Austin, what are you doing here?"

"Well, not that it's any of your business, FP, but I made a Doctor's appointment to get my tubes untied. I'm clearing the pipes, reloading the torpedo."

FP squinted his eyes, trying to safe his mind from seeing it." You know, you could have just said vasectomy reversal, saved me the imagery."

And looking at his side, Austin added,"And I came by to share the news with Al." He placed his hand on her lower back." She and I are gonna give it a go."

FP's face held confusion." What kind of go are talking about?" He was trying to figure out what the guy meant by "give it a go". He really hoped it wasn't what he thought it meant.

Alice budded in."The usual go, you know, like between a man and a woman go."

FP replied," Oh yeah, I'm familiar with that kind of go. I just recently went there myself." He tried to sound causal about it. Alice looked down at her feet.

"So three weeks from today after my appointment with Dr. Scott Suzuki, and several ice packs, there'll be nothing standing in the way of me and Al."

FP announced with his hands positioned on both sides of his hips." Oh, I think there might be something standing in the way."

Alice redirected." Uh, FP, you and I can talk about this later."

"Really, because last time I tried to talk to you, you ran full speed to an airport."

With a tight smile Alice commented. Ugh why did FP hate to do this right now? "You have such a great memory."

"That was this morning."

Alice faked confusion." Was it, now?" She hoped Austin wouldn't ask her what was going on.

Austin waved his finger from him and to FP and Alice." Is there something going on here that I'm missing?" He asked. Damn it! She internally cursed.

Alice turned around and replied quickly." No."

While FP answered with a "Yes."

"Uh, last night, FP and I.. engaged in a very heated discussion."

FP looked directly at her. "Discussion? Seriously?"