Musical

(Spoilers for SEASON FOUR! Also for the musical episode. I don't even know what to do of the issue. I loved Kevin! He was the star of the show!)

As he watched his son and his friends sing at the speakeasy, a smile never left his face. He had everything he ever wanted. The love of his life, a healthy future for his children and most of an actual love that didn't betray him. But as he watched he noticed something between the two lead singers, something that made his stomach churn. Although, Alice and JB didn't notice the exchange he did.

The blonde and redhead kept exchanging glances and almost looked lovingly. His son was playing the drums. Veronica was singing and each time Betty and Archie sang he caught a quick longing glance. He didn't know what that meant but he didn't like the feeling it put in his stomach. He always thought about his son's fear. His son had mentioned it a couple times during his talks. It wasn't too long ago, Jughead mentioned it.

A couple weeks ago, His son mentioned that the kiss was only supposed to fool the stonies, but he still feared that something would come between them. That something would be Archie. He wasn't dumb. Jughead told him all about Betty's first love for the redhead boy. He tried his best to make sure his son would feel better but he also had a feeling in his chest.

"Great job, Betty!" Alice said as she pulled her into a hug. Betty smiles and leans into the hug. "Thanks, Mom."

"Yeah, Boy. Great Job." The Archie's reminded him of the Fredhead's. He missed Fred. "You sounded way better than we did." FP added.

Alice smiled, pulling his arm around her neck and leaned in close." Yeah, Fred always sang better than the right of us."

—xx—

A week later, the tapes were still flying around and FP didn't know what was about to come down. A wall was about to come down.

"I can't believe her!" He heard his son exclaim as he came through the front door.

He got off the couch where was reading the paper from yesterday morning. He found his son with reddened eyes. Instantly his son tried to race down to the basement.

"Woah, woahhhh, where are you going, boy?"

"I don't want to talk right now, Dad." Jughead turned the corner and headed to the basement.

FP was left in confusion as he stood in the middle of the living room. He thought himself before he followed his clearly angered son. He found his son throwing a book against the room. He never seen his son so upset before.

"Jug..." His son looks up at him," I'm sorry I'll clean this up." He heard the crack in his son's voice and slowly walks up to him. He placed a hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. "Jughead, what's wrong, Bud?"

Jughead looked at his father for a second before he downcasts his eyes to the floor. "Jug... hey, look at me." Jughead exhales as a tear threatened to fall from his eyes.

FP's heart started to hurt at the state his son was in. He was fragile and FP didn't know what to do. "Betty cheated on me with Archie." His son's voice cracked at last word.

FP scooped his son into a strong embrace. His son started to breakdown. He ran an comforting hand down his son's back. He couldn't believe Betty had broken his son's heart by cheating on him with no other than Archie Andrews.

"It was the night Betty and I got into a fight. After our fight I came back from the bunker to apologize and she never said anything. She waited until today to tell me. She let me kiss her cheating lips! I kissed her not knowing she cheated!" He cried into his dad's arms.