Upon A Truth: 2

A couple months go by and Jughead starts to not trust his mother. He secretly stole the number for his father from his mother's purse.

"Hello? Gladys?" At first He was frozen, couldn't speak. "Um, Gladys are you there?"

"D-Dad?"

"OH MY GOD, Juggie? Is that really you?" He could hear the tears in his dad's voice.

"I miss you." He says as tears start to prick at his eyes. But he held them in.

"I miss ya too, baby—-"

"Jughead!" He heard his mother scream.

He kept hearing screaming and he felt as if he was being shaken. He popped open his eyes and realized it was a dream.

"Huh?" He mumbled through squinted eyes.

"Get up!" Gladys orders, whiskey pouring off her breath. He ducked as his heart pounded.

It was the first time she had awoke him like that. It had been two months since he left Riverdale. His mother's drinking had gotten worse.

"I told you to get up!" She barked, grabbing him roughly by the collar of his shirt and throwing him across the room.

"Mom stop!" He pleases as his mom kicked his ribs.

The abuse started about a month ago. Jellybean had a broken nose from Gladys smashing her into the wall. Jughead since then feared for his life.

•••

After he turned sixteen, Jughead, Jellybean snuck out in the middle the night. A couple days ago was the worst it ever been. His mom had him in a chokehold. He almost started seeing stars as his eyes began to flutter shut. Before he knew it, Jellybean yanked Gladys by her hair and knocked her out with an upper cut to her jaw.

That night Jughead decided that it was time to hitch a ride to Riverdale. But the question was how? Ian? He could called Ian. He lost touch with him three years ago. It was all due to his mother.

"Hello?" The man's voice hasn't changed.

He cleared his throat and looked to his sister who was now eleven-years-old. Jellybean gave him a nod.

"Uncle Ian, it's Jughead."

"Oh my... is that really you Jug? Where's your mom? Is she still drunk?"

The thought of his mother made him shudder. As he stood outside the phone booth three towns over from Toledo, Ohio.

"Actually, I was calling to see if you help me and Jelly get to Riverdale." He could hear a slight sigh come from his uncle.

"Uh, Jug, I don't know—"

"Mom's been hitting us since you left, Ian. I need my dad and I almost died a couple days ago. I'm a few towns from Gladys and I need to leave before she notices we didn't go to school." He paused for a moment. "Please. You know that I don't ask very much. I haven't spoken to you for three and a half years."

"Alright." He sighed heavily," Meet me in an hour and I'll think about it."

—••••—

A few years since he'd seen his kids. He was three years sober. He had gotten a job. He no longer worked for Fred. Unfortunately a few months ago, Fred passed away and now Archie and Mary own Andrews Construction. Every once in awhile he'll help out.

He still wondered how his son and daughter were doing. He left numerous calls and sent letters. All sent back and unanswered.

A knock on his door caused him to leave the kitchen. He opened the door and his eyes met his girlfriend, Alice. A year ago, Hal was arrested for murdering the town with his cousin, Clifford Blossom. Alice left Hal and her kids moved in with FP.

"Baby, I have some news." FP's eyes stare for a moment. "No,no, I'm not pregnant." For a brief second, he felt joy and then a sense of relief.

"Okay, What news?"

Alice sat down and ushered him to sit as well," So you know how I told you about my new job and how I've decided to become a reporter?"

"Yeah... what about it?"

Before anything else could be said, another knock at his door interrupted their discussion. Alice slowly got up, FP following behind her. He opened the door, his heart literally skipped a beat.

"Hey Dad."

He couldn't believe his eyes. He pulled his kids into a strong hug. Jughead latched onto his dad and JB did the same. After several seconds, he released them both and wiped his eyes.

"So is your mother here?" He noticed his kids visibly shudder in discomfort. Then he looked up and noticed a man he hadn't seen in years. "Ian?" The man smiled sadly at him.

"Hello, FP... I have some news and I just found myself." Ian announces awkwardly.

FP stares at him quietly as he told him what has happened, then looked over to his two children who nodded to confirm what was just said.

"Oh my god... Jug, Jelly, I'm so sorry." He apologies hugging his kids close to him again.

"Can we stay here?"

FP chuckled softly," Of course you can. I've been waiting for you guys for so long." He says as tears cascade down his cheeks.

Alice couldn't believe what these kids have been through. She made the kids dinner and showed them their rooms. FP found her in their bedroom, tears filled his eyes again.

He just learned that his son could've died a couple nights ago," Baby, it's not you're fault. She was sick and you can't blame yourself for her actions." He knew she was right.

"What would I do without you?" He asked as he pecked her lips gently.

She giggled loudly," Starve." And that was half-true. "And besides don't worry. You won't be leaving me, even when I die. You're dying with me."