Jealous Minds

It's starts off by a simple gesture like—- holding the door for someone, then what nobody expected happened.

FP sets the dishes into the dirty dish bucket as he cleaned the table. He looks over to his left and sees Fred holding the door for someone. He doesn't think much of it until he hears the voice.

"Thanks, Fred, very kind of you." He knows it's Alice. Her voice just kept echoing in his eardrums as he continues to clean the rest of the diner.

"You're welcome, Alice." Fred's tone just sends FP's chills in a different direction. The way her name slid off his lips. He didn't know— just rubbed him the wrong way.

Was there anything going on between Alice and Fred? His heart stopped at the thought. That wasn't supposed to be outcome. It was Al and Jonesy not Freddie and Al.
————
Three days later is the next time, FP gets the vibe again. He was checking on speakeasy when he got unpleasant sight. One he never thought would happen.

As he was about to turn the corner. Two lips collided with one another causing burning to form in his chest.

"Fr-ed..." The voice trails on for what seems like unbearable seconds. "Just like in High school." What in high school? Now FP was angry and hurt. Did his best friend hook up with Alice? He wasn't even sure at this point.

"What in high school?" He blurts out and Fred and Alice jumped away from each-other.

"FP...." He shakes his head at them in disbelief. Alice slowly approaches him and he backs away.

"No... You can't just 'FP' to listen! Now tell me!" He shouts at them.

"When Penelope paired us up when we were at detention...." She looks over at Fred for a little help.

Fred knows he's in deep now. He won't be able to escape FP's daggers anymore. Once the truth was out. It was done. Over. "We kissed." FP looks at them. He wasn't sure whether to scream or punch something. Permeably the wall in front of him.

"Did you do anything else?" He knew once he knew everything would be different. Alice and Fred shook their heads.

"No just once." He did try to kiss Hermione but she stopped him. He had been lied to for all these years. All this time. They didn't even think of mentioning it.

"Did you two feeling anything?" There it was silence. This is what he was afraid of. Alice and Fred liked one another and it was too late for him.

"At one point.." Fred answered honestly. Alice looked at him and FP feels his heart break.

"You did?" She was stunned. What was going on?

"It was a long time ago, FP." Fred looks over at FP. He can tell he wasn't looking at him. "It was one time and then I fell for Hermione."

FP still couldn't believe what he was hearing. His best friend loved Alice at one point or that they kissed. He couldn't stop the pain from reaching his heart. He left the diner, leaving Alice and Fred alone.
————-
A week later, Fred kissed Alice again. This time nobody was there to stop him. Alice's hands were in his brown hair. He had her pinned to his desk at the construction site. Alice's lips were attacking his.

"We shouldn't do this." Alice's lips leave his and she looks at him. Her eyes were blue and bright.

"Why?" Did he have an answer to that? He wasn't sure at this point. He did like her but he knew how much FP loved her. He couldn't betray his best friend.

The moonlight lit up the small room. Her ass was on his desk, where his stuff once laid. "You love him, Alice." She shakes her head. He's wrong she's not in love with FP.