Stormed in

The rain poured aggressively on the rooftop, It was like it was being pelted by rocks, banging loudly against the shingles on the roof. In the house, the roaring of Riverdale's abnormal wind storm caused a racket to be heard in their precious eardrums.

Alice Smith could be found struggling to straighten the curtains as she kneeled into the couch cushion. Her knees left an hidden imprint behind as she moved to the other cushion. She could feel the thunder rumbling passed her windowsill. Her daughter had called saying she will be staying at Cheryl's instead because the roads were closed. Her heart ached but she understood her daughter's safety was important.

As an mother, she's constantly worried for her children's safety and whereabouts. She had every right when it came to her daughter's rebellious actions. But she can't judge too much. She was once a rebel herself. That was a long time ago. She's learned to accept where she comes from. You can't take the Southside out of me, she thought as she walked passed the lightly lit up hallway. Her eyes wandered over the old family pictures and without a thought in the world. She just tugged at the frame and it came crashing to the floor. She didn't care if the glass would make a mess.

She was actually very happy. She's never felt so free since she watched Hal get cuffed and locked away in a steel jungle gym. She actually could laugh about it now. He can't control her anymore and she's so grateful for that fact.

She was about to turn toward the stairs when a loud bang instantly pulled her away from her thoughts and her eyes froze on the red door. Who could it be? Betty was at Cheryl's. Polly was in Florida visiting an old friend.

After a couple seconds, she follows her gut and opens the door. Her mouth drops into a gasp when she sees a soaking wet man on her doormat. "FP, what are you doing here? Scratch that, why are you all soaked?" She starts questioning him as she quickly comes back with a towel.

He responds by a cocky grin," I was just standing out here. No shit, Alice. Are you gonna like me in or not?" He cocked attitude as a shiver ran down his spine.

With her hands on her hips she rolled her eyes and halted." Well, no shit, Sherlock." FP's eyes widened and a chuckle left his lips. "Get in before you track water in here." She orders as she pushed him into the house.

FP wipes his heels on the blue rug and set his soaking wet jacket on the coat rack by the closet. She looks very nervous and he can tell that it was caused by his present. The rain continued to pour heavily as she came back with some tea. She knew that he loves a occasional cup of tea when it was crappy weather.

He placed his cup on the coaster before turning his head to look at her as she fussed with her rings on her middle and pointer finger. He remembers what it was like by then. Her hair, her smile and oh god that laugh. He loved that laugh or still loves her laugh. Alice sat there leaning her back into the backrest of the sofa and awkwardly messing with her rings.

After several unbearable seconds pass by FP shifted his whole body and opens his mouth." How have you been, Alice?" Caught off guard, Alice blinks her eyes and stares.

"What?"

He clears his throat," I mean since... well uh... Hal?" She stiffens at the name and feels her throat going dry.

"Uh.... it's been rough." The silence lingers behind the final word. She shakes her head." So, what are you doing here?" She redirects as he looks down at his cup.

FP's eyes darken at the question. He didn't remember why. He just got into his truck and drove there. He had no plan or game plan just him in his truck. "No reason, just checking in."

"Oh..." She replies softly, heart slightly increasing its rate. Go figure, she cursed mentally.

He suddenly stands up heading toward the door." Maybe....I should head out..." He really didn't want to leave but the roads were getting nasty out there. He almost skidded on his way over to her house.