Locked Down

(Spoilers for season 4! Spoilers for,"4x4, Halloween ending."

His heart hammered as his phone kept getting his son's voicemail. It had been two days since he went missing. It kept calling just Incase it was a nightmare he was having. He wished it only was.

"Is this Mr. Jones?" His heart hammered again against his chest, his throat tightening at the thought.

He cleared his throat." Yes." He tried clearing it again, "Yes, this is Mr. Jones. Who I am speaking with?"

He felt Alice's eyes hovering cautiously at his breathing intakes. He knew that Alice had focussed her time and dedication to finding resources to help rescue Jughead. Jughead haven't spoken about any unusual activities at Stonewall.

To his most recent knowledge, Betty had told him that Moose, now goes by Marmaduke was targeted by a scholar boy, Brett. Betty informed him that Jughead and Brett didn't get along. Brett had been trying to get rid of Jughead and even locked him in a box for fun.

It hurt him that his son didn't think he could come to him. Now he had a gut feeling that Brett had something to do with his son's disappearance.

"This is the Riverdale Coroner's office. Mr. Jones, we need you to come ID your son's body. We believe it is your son." The word soccer-punched his throat. He couldn't move his mouth to make a sound.

This was the call he dreaded for days since his son went missing. It was only supposed to be a normal spring break. He wasn't supposed to be missing, or.... lying in a morgue, cold to the bone.

"Mr. Jones, are you still there?" The words were muffled by the sounds escaping his eardrums.

Alice noticed the stand still in the kitchen. She saw the way his hand laid relaxed, but holding so tightly to the phone in his clenched hand. His jaw no longer slacked with worry. His face viewed as if he died. In one way he did, along with his son's body.

Well he wasn't sure he was gone. They called him to ID him to make sure it was really Jughead. He haven't thought to move his lips to make a sound.

"Baby?" She mutters softly trying to see what happened. He didn't look. She knew something wasn't right," FP, Baby, what's wrong?" She questioned.

Her stomach started to tighten at the possible thought churning in her head. She hoped- no she prayed to god it was wrong. He hadn't gotten that call. He was just getting his back on track. What would this do to him? She honestly had no answers for that heart-wrenching question.

She grabbed the phone from his hand, loosely laying one hand on the small of his back. She heard someone talking on the other end." Mr. Jones—"

"He's not available at the moment. Can I take a message?"

"Of course, we understand. I was just informing, Mr. Jones that we've received a body that matches his son's description. We need him to come and ID the body to see if it is his son." Alice's throat felt dry from all the information she was given.

They had a body waiting for them to ID to see if it was Jughead. The boy she started to care about. He wasn't her daughter's boyfriend she didn't like. It was FP's son. She couldn't imagine how he was feeling. Nothing could compared to losing a child - not even locking your child in a mental rehabilitation unit for own safe.

She cleared her throat harshly," Ah, yes. I will let him know. Thank you. Bye-bye." She hung up the phone.

She set the phone down on the counter. Her eyes never left FP. She wrapped her arms around him tightly. He broke under her soft touch.