Fuel To The Fire: 2

A few days after FP and Alice both learned about their cheating spouses, they slowly leaned on one another. Jellybean noticed things shortly after her mother stopping coming home. One night she knocked on her dad's door and waited for him to answer.

"JB?" He was awoke by a knock at the door. "What are you doing up at this hour?" Jellybean didn't say much, walked right into his room and plopped down on her father's bed.

"Where's Mom?" The 13-year-old questioned her father as he stood in front of her with his mouth slowly gaped open. "I'm not dumb, Dad. We came home and Mom's stuff was not in your room. She hasn't been home in a few days. So where is my mom?"

FP swallows the lump growing in his throat and slowly sits down on the edge of his bed beside his youngest. He wasn't prepared for this discussion. He didn't have Gladys to tell her side of the story, nor didn't he really care. She had shattered their relationship by cheating on him with Hal Cooper. Jellybean was too long to hear a lot that.

"Sweetie, the reason your mom isn't home... is because she hurt Daddy." The preteen looked at him with more confusion forming in her little eyes. "Hurt you? I don't see any wrong." FP hated this so much.

"She hurt me by kissing another man that wasn't me, Jelly. That's why Mom isn't here." Jellybean looked at her father with sorrow and pitty in her eyes. "You mean she slept with Hal Cooper?" This time FP didn't know what to say. "I-I how did you?"

"I heard Betty screaming at him when he tried to come back into her house. Alice... she even threw a brick toward him. She missed his face by an inch. I'm sorry, Daddy. You don't deserve that. I choose to stay with you instead of Mom." That brought a smile to his grim face.

"That means a lot." JB hugged her father tightly as she felt a tear fall onto her sweater.

"Hey, hey, don't cry, Dad. She did this to you." She had seen her dad interact with Alice and in way she kinda shipped them together.

She wiped at his teary cheeks and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. "She's not worth crying over." JB was angry when she found out her mother cheated on her father. She would need time to cool down before she faced her.

"Thanks, Baby girl." He said as he gave him a squeeze before wiping at his eyes. He was never a person to get emotional in front of his kids but it was hard not right now.