Jagged

(Warning: Suicidal tendencies and self-harm. If this triggers you don't read.)

He didn't feel like he belonged. Almost felt as if He was jagged and not meant to be in place there. He knew that nobody cared about him.

He felt broken. She had broken him. His father just kept beating him for no reason. He didn't think he could handle anymore.

He pulled out a piece of paper, jotting down his words written in his handwriting. He knew that someone would find him. He tried having thick skin but he can only take how many beatings until you just fall.

Al, I know you broke up with me after the midnight club. I miss you so much. I want you to know this isn't you're fault. It never will be. I love you so much, Alice. Someday you'll move on and that's okay. I just hope Harold Cooper treats you the way you deserve to be treated.

Love, Always,

FP Jones.

He began writing more letters. Before he was done the words start to smear by the teardrops falling onto the page.

"It's time." He whispers into the thin air as he grabs his switchblade off his desk from inside his bedroom.

He sits down against his bed, laying his head against the wooden frame. He flips open the blade, bringing it to his tender skin. He grits his teeth as the blade tears through his skin.

He blinks back the tears and fights back the agony that his cut gave him. "I'm sorry, Al. I'm so sorry, Al. I've failed you..." He keeps muttering over and over again as he weakly watches his wrists bleed to a red death.

He knew someday someone would care. The students at his school would have some remorse, but wouldn't really care.

Only a few would.

Fred Andrews.

Hermione Gomez.

And last, at the very least, Alice Smith.

He knew it was too late to turn back.

What's done is done.

—xxx—

Fred paced the halls in fear when FP didn't show up at school during first Period. He knew that FP's father abused him at home and he was worried that Forsythe Sr beat him to death.

He found Alice standing by her locker, picking at her freshly painted nails. She no longer wore her black-leathered-Serpent jacket as she used to. When she started dating, Hal Cooper, her mood changed and he knew deep down it was because he wasn't FP.

"Alice, I know we don't talk anymore because..." He paused, looking behind him and whispers softly." The Midnight Club. But have you seen FP this morning?"

Alice simply looked away from her nails and sighed." No, I haven't spoken to him since we disbanded. Why?" She adds causally, trying to seem like she didn't care.

But the truth of the matter was - it did bother her. She missed him with every aching part of her body.

"He never showed up to first period." FP replies.

Alice rolled her eyes."So? That's nothing new, Fred. He's been skipping classes since he joined that fugally gang." She scoffed with disgust for the Southside, although she knew deep down in her gut that the Serpents weren't his idea.

Fred rolled his eyes back." God, Alice can you be anymore of a bitch? You are so far up your ass with the new reputation that you can't see that people can see the facade."