Signal On Sirens

(Warnings!!! Contains some graphic scenes and triggering. If it is too triggering, feel free to skip over those parts. This subject may be triggering for some of you, if that is you, read with caution)

After his arrest, he was guided to his cell, he would be transferred to Shank-saw precinct by the following morning as day broke through the gloomy clouds and selecting the perfect victim to claim for itself. Mary told him he had two options and neither were easy.

One; He could give up his parental rights and Jughead would be put into foster care system until He turned eighteen.

Or, the second was also just as painful. Two; He could just let his son go into foster care, hopefully be adopted and be happy.

FP Jones II hatred to Clifford Blossom only grew as he looked over at the paper work in front of him. He then returned a sorrow look to the attorney and slid the papers back.

"I can't give up my son, Mary. I know I've been not the best parent. But I can't give my rights up. He's my baby... I just can't."

Mary's eyes flooded with sympathy. She knew how hard this was going to be for him. She couldn't imagine giving up her rights for her son. She would foster him, but she lives in New York. Fred can't because of his DUI. She tried to contact Gladys with no such luck.

"So we're going with the second one?" She asked as she looked at him. "Are you sure?"

"Mary..." He breathed," I-I would love to give my son a better life... but giving up my rights to do that would just feel like a burden. The kid already hates my guts. Fully giving up? That would make him hate me even more. I-I—" He cut himself off before he could choke on his sob that was forming in his throat.

Mary sighs," Okay... it's all set. I'll talk to the social worker and if you want we can have him visit at Shank-saw." FP thought for a moment. He really didn't want his son to see him like this but nodded anyways.

Mary got out of her seat, giving him one last unspoken glance before disappearing through the solid mental door. He was left alone for a minute before an officer led him back to his cell. This was the hardest choice he'd ever had to deal with. He did it to save his son's life from that murderer's hands.

By the next day, Alice knew the news. She couldn't believe that Jughead was going into the foster system. Betty came to her last night, crying into her arms about the fact that Jughead was now going to Southside High instead of Riverdale High and will now be with a foster family. She couldn't believe it. Jughead Jones was now in the foster system. It wasn't the fact that her daughter would be separated from her lover. It was the fact the boy would be losing his life. The life he knew the best. She knew FP drank a lot which caused Gladys to run for the hills.

She always thought Gladys would run away from her problems instead of facing them. How weak was she? She thought about how FP must be feeling right now. She knew he didn't kill Jason Blossom. But his alibi only got him so far before the door was locked on him. Clifford Blossom got away with it. By his own selfish end to his life. He couldn't take it. No, it wasn't guilt or remorse. It was the fear that he had been caught and he couldn't be the fish in the net. So, he was the coward.

"Morning, Elizabeth." She welcomed softly as she met her daughter's red eyes.

"Morning, Mom..." She responded back with a soft voice as if it was a whisper. "Jughead is meeting with his foster family today."

Alice softens her eyes as she ran a hand down her daughter's back. Betty sighed sadly and sends her mother a kind smile. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, Betty. I know it's hard. At least you can see if when he comes to dinners or when he's allowed." The word makes Alice's stomach contort with sorrow. This whole situation was unfair. It all happened because of Clifford Blossom's envy and greed.