Cookies For Three

Little Charles was woken up by the sweet smell entering his tiny nose. He leaped right out of bed and his feet attacked the staircase. When he gets to the family kitchen. He finds his mommy making cookies.

"I wanna help, Mommy!" Alice looked up from the bowl with her hands caked in cookie dough.

She giggled as she saw her little boy with his bed head and wrinkled pjs. Her lips curled into a big cheery smile. He looked adorable with his blonde curls in his face. He looked just like his dad.

Her and FP had him at a young age. That was four years ago. She couldn't believe her little Charlie was about to five in three months. She told FP that she was pregnant. She expected him to run off like her own father had. But he surprised her. He helped her through the whole nine months without a single complaint.

She went to the sink to wash away the dough off her hands and grabbed the stepping still from the back closet. Charles wiggled his tush to the music blaring from the boom box his mommy and daddy got him for Saint Nick. It was Christmas Eve morning and they were making cookies for Santa. He stuck his little boy hands into the batter, rolling them into little boys like his mama showed him.

Since they lived in a small trailer then she did when she was her son's age. They were at Hermione and Fred's house for the weekend. She was happy that her and Hermione were still friends. When she told Hermione that she was pregnant she also expected her friend to leave her behind. But no, Hermione planned a baby shower for her. Fred and FP built a crib for her and she cried like no tomorrow.
———-
Later that night, Alice and FP were wrapping presents for their four-year old in Hermione's living room. Fred and Hermione made spiked Eggnog for all four of them to drink. Charles asked Santa for cars and a new sled. Alice laughed as Hermione nearly tripped over the wrapping paper roll that was in the middle of the room.

"You could've killed me." Hermione says over-dramatically as she held a hand to her racing chest.

Alice rolled her eyes and scoffed." Don't be so dramatic, Mione." Hermione stuck her tongue out and Fred just chugged his eggnog.

FP finished wrapping the presents along with Fred and sat back and watched the kitty's fight. He just worked a long shift earlier today and he knew that Charles would be up very early tomorrow morning. It was 12 A.m and he was exhausted after working a 12-hour shift.

He decided that he and Fred would sneak into the kitchen for a late night snack. He spotted some cookies on a plate and a glass of milk right beside it. He slid one cookie off the plate and chugged the milk that was in the glass mug. Fred laughed at his friend's face. He had a milk mustache under his lips.

"Daddy, those cookies are for Santa!" His head turned almost immediately and dropped the cookie that fell loosely from his hand.

Charles stood in the hallway with his arms crossed against his chest and a pout on his lips. FP quickly tried to dismiss the little boy back to his bed.

"Charlie, it's time for bed, little bud." Charles's head shook and he started crying.

Alice came rushing into the kitchen and found the little boy in tears. Hermione followed her and also saw little Charles sobbing.

Alice got down on her knees and lifted his chin. "What's wrong, Charlie?" Charles's head didn't move and his eyes stayed looking down.

"Daddy ate the cookies and so did Uncle Fred!" He cried into his mama's crook of her neck.

Alice's eyes sent daggers at the two guilty faces standing by the empty cookie plate and mug. Hermione scolds her husband with her pointed nails.

"FP, Fredrick!" The two men look down at their socks and FP wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I'm Santa's helper." He tried to act innocent.

Charles lifts his head and quickly looks at his dad. "Wait really!" FP adopts the lie and nods his head.

"Yes and Santa wanted me and Uncle Freddie to make sure the cookies were good." He jabs Fred with his elbow.

Fred gets the memo and smiles." Yep Charles he wanted our help." He lies through his teeth and hated himself even more when the kid's smile widened.

Hermione glared at Fred and he knew he was in trouble. Instead of yelling at him, She kneels down and kisses Charles's forehead. "Let's get you back to bed before Santa comes."

Charles's smile widens and he quickly runs upstairs and jumps into bed. Alice and Hermione run a hand over their faces as they stared at their husbands in disappointment.

"Santa's Helpers?"

"Well... it worked." FP says nervously rubbing his chin and his hands felt the scratchy beard.  

"Oh you two are lucky it did." And that's when FP and Fred knew they were in the doghouse.