Chapter 34

Jack's POV

We walked home after exploring a few more shops and we dropped off the things we got. Bye the time we got home, it was getting to be about 6:00 at night. The theater wasn't too far away and the movie wasn't playing until 7:30 so we had time to kill. We both sat down on the couch and played games together for a while. We started out with Rocket League. We won our first match, which was really cool since we won 7 to 2. After that, we lost 5 to 3. We won a few and lost a few, but it was alright. It was really fun to play with her.

Once it was 7:10 we both headed out. I held her hand as we walked to the movie theater. We got there and she paid for the tickets, popcorn, and pop. We didn't get any candy because we bought some earlier. I was glad that she had talked to Robin about handling the channels for today. It was nice not to worry about them.

We walked into our theater and we went to the top row. I didn't know why I had the urge to sit up there at the time, but I would figure it out soon enough. We sat down and the movie (you pick cause I ran out of ideas) started playing. I sat next to her as she took some popcorn and stuffed it into her face. I chuckled a little. You know what was the best thing? There were only a few other people in the theater. This movie had been playing for a bit and it was super popular so people had come to see it already and we were later than normal. 

As I was sitting next to her, grabbing popcorn for myself and sipping on my pop, I realized how empty the theater was. We were the only ones in the top row. Everyone else wanted to be closer to the screen. About 40 minutes into the movie, our pop and popcorn were out and we were just watching the movie. I glanced over at her. I knew what I wanted. 

I grabbed her hand and she looked at our hands before looking at me. I smiled at her. She seemed to understand what was happening. I knew that I wanted to watch the movie, but we could always get it on disc later. I leaned over and I kissed her. She melted into it. I remembered that we had to be quiet. I was just so glad nobody would be looking back at us. 

As I kissed her, I felt the heat coming off of her face. I knew mine was no better. I squeezed her hand tighter and she did the same. When it finally broke apart. I saw her eyes shining and her face was bright pink. You could see it even in the dark of the theater. I smiled lovingly at her. She smiled back at me, dazed from the intense kiss. I wanted to laugh, but I didn't want to draw attention. I could only mouth 'I love you' to her. She blushed a bit more, proving that I was wrong to think that she couldn't blush any harder. She hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. When she pulled back, I saw a few tears rolling down her face. She let out a quiet breathy laugh, wiping them away.

"I-I'm sorry, I...I just..." She tried to whisper to me, but I gave her another quick kiss to hush her. 

"Don't. You're mine. You always will be. I promise I won't let anything change it. Now calm down, love. Let's finish the movie, okay? We can talk more at home." I whispered. She smiled at me.

"Okay." She agreed. We both kept watching the movie and once it was over, we went to get dinner. The popcorn was just an appetizer. We only got smalls of everything so we wouldn't get too full.  

We went to a fancy restaurant together and we got a private booth table. (Y/n) had made reservations which had stunned me. I couldn't get over how much she was doing for me. Once we got a plate of cheese curds which she had insisted to get, we both talked for a bit while waiting and thinking about what to get for the main meal.

"Sorry for crying earlier." She said.

"Don't be. It's okay. I get it, heh." I replied. She smiled. Then, the waiter came back.

"Have you both decided?" He asked. We nodded. I told him what I wanted and (Y/n) told him what she was getting. "Alright! They'll be out soon and the cheese curds are almost done." He told us. We thanked him and we kept chatting. A few minutes later, the cheese curds came out with ranch dressing on the side. We thanked the waitress that had brought them out and we ate them. (Y/n) was right. They were amazing! I had to stop myself from eating all of them and saving some for her.