Chapter 59

"And....there! Wow....you look...beautiful." Pepper was helping you with your dress and so was Amy. Vicky was with Mark and they were making sure everyone found their seats. Sean was with Ethan and Felix as they helped him get ready. Sean had asked Mark to be his best man just because Mark had actually been the one to help him finally decide whether or not he was going to propose in the first place. You'd asked Pepper to be your Maid of Honor because you both had become very close over the past 6 months from when you had gotten out of the hospital. 

Pepper had helped you with your dress while Amy had done your makeup and hair. You looked in the mirror. For once, you could fully agree with them. You looked beautiful.

Vicky had a friend of hers make the dress to your liking along with some surprise personal touches of her own

Vicky had a friend of hers make the dress to your liking along with some surprise personal touches of her own. You loved the outcome. You felt a pit in your stomach, your nerves threatening to eat you alive. The others could tell.

"Are you alright, (Y/n)?" Amy asked.

"I just can't help it. This is the biggest day of my life." You told them.

"And since it's your big day, you should be happy, not nervous. It's gonna be okay. You'll do fine. You have a husband to kiss, Missy!" Pepper teased. You smiled.

"She's right. You'll do fine." Amy agreed. 

"Thanks, guys." You told them. 

"I'm so happy for both of you." Pepper said. You kept looking at yourself in the mirror.

"Yeah. I never thought this would happen since...Blake." You said, frowning a bit.

"You never did tell us why you two broke up. What happened?"

"He was controlling and abusive to me emotionally. I couldn't take it, so I left him. He got really mad at me, so I made sure that he couldn't follow me once I left. He got into a lot of trouble. I don't know how or why he was able to get out." You explained. "His nature killed him in the end, just like I knew it would. I knew he'd destroy himself. I even warned him, but he was too stubborn to listen to anyone but himself. Still...that ignorance is what landed him with Cindy. If he hadn't been so blind, who knows. Maybe...he would've actually led a good life." You sighed.

"Maybe, but it's not your responsibility to feel guilty for him. After everything he did, what happened might have been overdue." Amy told you.

"I know, but...I guess I still cared about him, ya know? We were together." 

"That's in the past. Sean was with Signe, and he chose you. He no longer has anything to do with her life choices. That's what breaking up is. You break up because you don't want to have any influence on each other anymore." Pepper said.

"And if I have any control here, you two will go get ready. I got the bride to be from here." you all turned as you heard Vicky come in. You smiled. The girls left and Vicky came over to help you with some finishing touches.