Ch. 9: Solved

* LEI's POV *

I couldn't believe it. She was calling me because she wanted to know what I wasn't able to finish that sentence back then. She couldn't wait. I decided to put it off. I wasn't doing it because I'm an evil creature, or because I wanted to make Rain suffer. It was just because I wanted to tell her in the right time and place. And a hospital certainly wasn't the right place, I know. But I was driven by my feelings and I couldn't help it. I thank Mrs. Collins for interrupting us. Now I had a second chance to do it better.

And now, via phone, in different places wasn't right either. So thats why I told her that I'd finish it later. I wanted to make it special for her, now knowing that she liked me too.

* RAIN's POV *

Why? Why the hell would he not finish it?... it had to be big, very big. Something super important.

- Promise me that you'll finish it as soon as possible- I "requested".

- I promise- he said.

I sighed.

- Should I say thanks once again?- I said. - what would have happened to me... it remains uncertain. And believe me... I prefer it this way. Thank you- I smiled.

I remembered that smartphones are smart, but during a call (and with this phone that was at least six years old) we couldn't see each other.

- By the way, I'm smiling- I said.

He laughed.

The doctor entered the room. I stared at him.

- Mr. Karev is here, I have to hang up- I said. - instead of saying goodbye I'll say... complete the sentence ASAP!-.

I hang up.

- I came to withdraw some blood, the nurses weren't available- he explained himself. 

He pocked me with a needle - yey, I hate needles - and got out some blood. He went out of the room. I saw my mother, who was standing there, smiling.

- Are you over?- she asked. - what did he say?-.

- Um... I wasn't going to tell him I like him on a phone, that'd be d- I stopped.

I wasn't going to do it via phone, right?. And he wasn't going to finish his sentence now... (I finally used my brain). What if he liked me?. I smiled and giggled. Did he really like me?. What could make him like me? - I'm a dumb ass person who ALWAYS is tripping, who gets stabbed and robbed, who is poor AF, doesn't have a car and always calls cabs. 

Was it my attitude? - how could it be my attitude. If I was the most negative person ever. I always thought about the worse that could happen, always the worst case scenario. 

- Maybe he likes me too- I said.

I really felt like a high schooler by saying that. Back then that shit was so important. "Oh, he likes you. You like him" - the popular girls were crazy for that. But well... I was a nerdish darks girl who had literally two friends. I was most known for my performance on the final years' festival. I had singed and well... its something I'm great at. That could be it! I was a good singer, right?. I had a good voice... I guess.

- Oh, baby... I'm so proud of you- she said. - you are finally into someone who deserves you!-.

Take. That. Back.

She had hit me right where it ached. Gerard... they had warned me. I never was able to tell them 'You were right'... it was my pride after all. I was trying to erase him from my mind but he always was there somehow. It was a feeling, a memory. Sometimes even some smells. If only I could be better for Lei... and also for me. If only I could erase him, simply delete him.

Oh forgetting him would be the best thing ever. In that way I would be better for Lei, I would be a better woman to be into. I'm all damaged... I'm heartbroken. I know theres something that he hides. When I look into his eyes I can see his pain. But he seems to be so well. Meanwhile I have my moments. Maybe he has his too. 

I could think about to things: either believe that he was suffering too, that was a little bit uncertain or simply embrace the fact that I was not feeling well. Perhaps letting Lei into my life, right in this moment, wasn't the best thing to do.

I wanted to wait and see. As in spanish its said... "Tiempo al tiempo" (meaning give time some time).

Wait and see.