Ch. 28: Booze

* RAIN's POV *

After some hours it was time for us to go meet up with Lei's friends. I'd bring the booze and they'd... well, they'd hopefully have beer, wine or vodka. Something more drinkable than whisky.

- We are here- Lei announced, as we arrived at Daoming Si and Shancai's house. - I'll bring the booze- I told him.

I got out of the car. I was wearing some black heels, a black skirt and a white top-blouse weird thing. I had done my make up with extra precaution... I knew I'd end up all wasted singing along to some Adele songs but I had to look well anyways.

We rang the bell and waited outside, Shancai opened the door and let us in. We smiled. The guys were all there in the living room, there were some other people that I hadn't met yet. Meizuo, Ximen and Xiaoyou came to meet me.

- Hi- I said. - I have something for Xiaoyou- I took out the perfume and gave it to her. She thanked me. - and I also have something for ya'all- I took out the two whisky bottles and they all cheered. 

- You seem very interesting, Miss Rain- Meizuo said. - what do you do for a living?-.

- I... I sing- I said. - I'm a singer-.

- Singer?- he asked confused, everyone walked towards me. - come on, sing us something-.

God, this wasn't happening.

- Do you ever feel already buried deep?. Six feet under screams, but no one seems to hear a thing. Do you know that there's still a chance for you?. 'Cause there's a spark in you. You just gotta ignite the light. And let it shine, just own the night like the Fourth of July- I started singing firework, by Katy Perry. - 'Cause, baby, you're a firework. Come on, show 'em what you're worth. Make 'em go, "ah, ah, ah". As you shoot across the sky. Baby, you're a firework. Come on, let your colors burst-.

They all started to clap and sing along.

- Make 'em go, "ah, ah, ah". You're gonna leave them all in awe, awe, awe.- they all clapped.

- Singer indeed- said Meizuo.

- Anyways, I brought the booze. I wanna drink- I said.

I had to pour myself a drink before they made me sing again. Damn it, how I hate it. I could've just say "I'm a doctor" and I would bet that anyone would say "Could you give me a vaccine?". But well... its the thing with being a singer. Or a cartoon artist, they'd just go "Could you show me one of your drawings?".

I drank whisky with a bad facial expression. Its bitterness, it all is so horrible. I used to say that its an old people's drink. But when I saw Meizuo, Si, Ximen and even Lei drinking it naturally my opinion chanced.

I was surrounded by everyone. They were all speaking in Chinese and I didn't understand a word. I drank all of my whisky and poured me a second glass.

- Rain, how high is your alcohol tolerance?- Ximen asked.

- I don't know... but I'm pretty used to drinking lots of beer... I guess that its considerably high- I answered.

- Beer?- he asked, confused. - whisky is way stronger-.

And more bitter. And more horrible.

- Well, booze is booze, right?- I said.

He went to the fridge and took out some beer bottles. I couldn't thank him more. I took one of the beer bottles and snapped its cap I started drinking from it. Good, old beer. I kinda missed its taste. Lei opened up one and we drank together. He came over and sat next to me. He put an arm around me. 

- I like beer- I said.

Everything was kinda shaky. I think I was a little bit drunk. I stared at Lei.

- I'm sleepy- I said. - like very sleepy-.

He laughed.

- Drunk already?- he asked.

- Nah- I said. - I'm still conscious-.

* LEI's POV *

Rain seemed kinda dizzy. She was still drinking from the beer bottle. Ximen made some cocktails for us, she drank two. 

- Whats up with Meizuo?- she asked me, whispering. - everyone's got a girlfriend but him. Is he gay?-.

- I don't think so- I said. - remember when I told you his love life was terrible?- she nodded. - I meant it-.

- Toast- she said. - to a girlfriend for Meizuo-.

Meizuo laughed and we all said "Cheers". She was pretty funny when drunk. Even though she had her sleepy moments. 

- Babe- she had never called me like that. - oh, it actually sounds good. Would you bring me some more booze?-.

- You are pretty drunk already- I told her. 

- What?- she said. - I'm sober, super sober. I can even do the eight thingy. Check it out-.

She stood up and tried to do the eight on the floor. She almost fell but I was able to pick her up before she hurt herself. What a stubborn girl.

- I'm taking this girl home- I told the guys. - goodbye!-.

- Goodbye and sorry if I said too much nonsense... nobody controls themselves when drunk, right?- she said.

I put her in the car. She looked very tired.

The booze had certainly gotten into her.