Ch. 13: Diamonds

* RAIN's POV *

I was sleeping soundly until my phone rang. Oh, right. Ring a bell? - it was him once again. He tended to disturb my sleep... 

- You waked me up- I said. - so say your words and I'll get back to sleep-.

- Lets perform- he said.

My eyes opened up.

- What?- I asked, terrified. - we are not prepared we didn't eve-.

- Sh, sh- he said. - I'm outside of your house. Get up, dress up and get in the car-.

Shhiiiiit.

- Okay- I replied. - bye!-.

I hung up and left my phone on the bedside table.

- God damn it!- I said. - what do I wear?!-.

I chose the lamest outfit ever and combed my hair. I did my eyeliner, applied some light makeup and then put on my high heels - repaired, of course. I was wearing a black dress (the photo of how it looked is up there ;) ) - similar to the one I had left back in France. I looked pretty formal, except from my hair. Well... it was just combed. No weird and formal hair dos. Just my hair without a ponytail. 

I put on some jewelry, it gave it the touch it needed. I looked acceptable. I had put on a black necklace and some long earrings. I stared at myself on the mirror. 

- Fuck it- I said.

I walked out of my bedroom and "borrowed" one of my mothers' expensive perfumes. Trèsor, to be precise. I sprayed it all over me and my dress. Its smell was so amazing. I went out of my house and saw Lei's car parked there. I smiled. I almost tripped as I walked towards it. I'm very clumsy.

- Hi- I said. I got into the car.

He was staring at me, strongly.

* LEI's POV *

She looked gorgeous. She was glowing - more than usual. Her dress was beautiful and her scent was amazing. She reminded me of one of those Lancome perfumes. She was so...

* RAIN's POV *

- I don't look good, do I?- I asked, worried. - my hair is all messy and I didn't have the time to-.

- You look gorgeous- he interrupted me.

I smiled and blushed.

- Thanks- I said, smiling. - I'm nervous as hell- I said. - why did you do this?- I asked. - I don't have stage panic but I've never really sang in front of a whole school- I was kinda shaking. - oh, damn it-.

- We'll do great- he said.

Oh, right. He'd be there with me. He'd accompany me, he'd be by my side the whole time. The thought of that calmed me. It brought peace to me. He brought peace to me.

- We will- I replied.

I hope.

He drove until we got to the campus. I took a deep breath and got out of the car. I had my wound covered by a thin gauze, I didn't want it to show. I wanted to keep in hidden. But the dress was a little bit too tight and it pointed out that wound. Anyways, people would be far away, right?. And if they noticed... then fuck it. They'd listen to my voice not only watch me, standing there.

- You'll sing Diamonds, the same song you sang to me- he told me. - we'll be great-.

I hugged him. That, somehow, brought even more peace to me.

- This calms me- I said. - sorry, never mind- I backed off and he pulled me towards him, wrapping his arms around me. - it calms me too- he said. 

I couldn't help but smile. I felt so safe and calm around his arms. Feeling his warmth was something I couldn't put in words.

We were there, holding each other for what seemed to be a lifetime. After that lifetime we went to the school theatre. There were loads of people all over it, I took a deep breath and stood up at the stage. I walked towards the microphone.

- Hello, my name is Rain Collins. I'll be singing Diamonds by Rihanna- I said, smiling. - before that, I want to thank my tutor, Huaze Lei- everyone clapped. Damn, he was famous. - so, here I go- I smiled.

I stared at Lei, who was there, sitting by the piano. He nodded, in approval.

- Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond- I began to sing. - find light in the beautiful sea, I chose to be happy. You and I, You and I. We are like diamonds in the sky-.

* * *

-Shine bright like a diamondOh-oh, yeah- I was just about to finish. - Shine bright like a diamond, Shine bright like a diamond. Shine bright like a diamond, Shine bright like a diamond. - I concluded.

Everyone clapped as I smiled.

- Thank you- I said.

Lei was also clapping, I felt like me once again. I felt complete. An audience, an applause. 

It was just what I needed.