Ch. 63: End

* RAIN's POV *

I woke up feeling something moist on my face. I was feeling confused. I opened my eyes to see Lei, wiping my face. I smiled. He was cleansing off my make up.

- Good morning, sunshine- he said, as I woke up.

I smiled.

- Thanks- I said.

He continued to wipe off my make up. I smiled as I got up and went to the bathroom. I rinsed my face with water. Then I put on some moisturizer and some anti eye bag cream. Then I rinsed it all off and I got out of the bathroom.

- Yuan Ting has not cried or anything?- I asked.

Lei shook his head.

- No, not yet- he said.

- I'll check on her- I said.

- Aah... don't do it yet. Let's spend some time together before taking care of Yuan Ting. If she hasn't cried yet, she must be asleep- he said.

He was right.

I walked towards the bed and laid on it. Lei wanted for me to lay on top of his legs and so did I. I smiled.

- I missed... us- I said.

I smiled once again. I learned forward to kiss him. I also missed kissing him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as our tongues played.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, everything leveled up as he took of my shirt and I took off his.

I was getting lost in this moment of ecstasy as the bell rang. I mumbled some unintelligible words, saying something like "Don't you dare go down to open the door. It can wait. Us not".

Despite my warnings, he still got up.

- Shirtless?- I asked.

I threw him his shirt and he put it on.

- I swear that I'll kill whoever the fuck is by that door- I said, obviously kidding. - who dares to interrupt us?!-.

He smiled as he opened and then closed the door. I wasn't going to dress up, it could be another sales woman. I covered myself up with the blankets. Lei would tell me who it was. I was praying for it to be a sales woman... I wanted to continue enjoying our moment.

I heard Lei's footsteps getting closer and closer as the door opened. I stared at him and then I heard my mother's voice.

- Oh shit- I said, as I sighed and rolled my eyes.

- Your parents- he said.

I nodded and I put my shirt on. I looked like a monster, all without make up and with my hair all natural. Nothing that they hadn't seen before. I went down feeling a tiny little bit frustrated. Thanks to them our moment was cut short.

- Hi, daughter!- said my mother.

I waved as I got to the kitchen. I opened up the fridge and then I closed it. I went towards the coffee maker and poured myself some coffee. I drunk it all at once and then I left the mug to clean it later.

- Yuan Ting is sleeping- I said. - Lei, would you like to go somewhere while my parents are here?-.

He didn't know. I smiled and then I got closer to him.

- What if we called the guys and meet somewhere to have lunch or something?- I asked.

He nodded and he took out his phone. I smiled and I walked towards my parents.

- Could you take care of Yuan Ting for a while?- I asked.

They both nodded excitedly.

- Okay, then- I said. - I'll text Shancai-.

We agreed to meet at a cafe somewhere I didn't quite know. Coffee and biscuits sounded more than good. We went there by car, Lei drove there.

Once we were there, everyone was sitting around a rounded table. Shancai called me and pointed at a seat right next to her, I walked towards her and sat there. She offered me some coffee and I drunk it.

- God, what a morning- I said. - I was with Lei and all of a sudden my parents arrived and all of the fun was gone. They stayed there with Yuan Ting-.

Shancai laughed.

- Same happened to me last Friday, so don't you worry girl. You are not alone!- she  said, smiling.

I laughed.

- At least Yuan Ting was asleep. She had a good night sleep after we rushed to the emergency... my wound opened up due to my clumsiness- I said. - I tripped... and bang, blood and pain. We went as fast as we could. The doctor kept on saying that I was lucky... but was I?. The day after Jing came-.

- Jing?!- Shancai sounded surprised. - now I get it, that's why you asked me about her... but Jing was in France, what was she doing around here?-.

- I don't know- I said. - Lei was surprised too. But anyways... at first it was awkward, but then it turned out to be pretty good. She's a great person-.

Shancai nodded.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring. I checked it, it was my mother. I sighed.

- Sorry, mom's calling- I excused myself.

I got up and then walked away for some privacy. What the hell was wrong now... I clicked the green button as I put the phone on my ear.

- What's wrong now?- I asked, frustrated.

I could clearly listen to my mother sobbing and my father yelling on the background. I began to ask myself what was wrong, I was now feeling a little bit uneasy.

- What happened?- I asked, worried.

- Y... oh, god- she said, sobbing and crying. - I... she...-.

- Say it, mom!- I almost yelled.

Everyone was looking at me, but I didn't mind. Lei got closer and he mouthed "Everything okay?". I didn't know what to answer so I mouthed "I don't know".

- Mom, calm down and tell me. What happened?- I asked, once again, this time with a calm voice tone.

- Y... Yuan Ting...- she said.

- Did she fall?!- I asked, worried. - is she hurt?!!-.

She sobbed again. My father kept on yelling and it was hard for me to hear the following words.

- Yuan Ting is gone- she said.

The End

(Sequel "Our Beloved Child" is being written)

Thanks for your support
Nissam Iris