Ch. 39: Set

* RAIN's POV *

We had settled a date and the venue. I had already met up with the stylist and the make up artist. Lively and natural - that was my idea. A light, winged eyeliner with a nude lip color. Matte, of course. 

The decoration was being made. We both wanted something whitey - like regular bridal style. Our guest list was complete. 

The date... well, it had led to discussions. But we finally decided to marry on April 11th. Not because it meant anything, just because my favorite number was 11. Lei and I were happy, this wedding arrangement and planning had been a complete new adventure. Our friends from China were excited to come, and Lei's family from Taiwan had been calling us via video call to meet me and congratulate us.

They were almost as happy as I were. They said that Lei had suffered a lot of heartbreaks and also family issues and that he and I deserved to be happy. They were right indeed. We deserved to be happy. 

- I love you- I told him, as we were about to go to sleep.

I had to have that famous beauty sleep before the wedding. Why did it remind me of Twilight?.

- Me too, baby- he said as he caressed my cheek. 

I smiled.

- We should kiss now, the last time we kiss before we are finally married- I said, happily. - right?-.

He smiled and leaned forward. I smiled and held him closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. We were as close as we could be. Our lips touched, it was a light, soft and gentle touch. I could feel chills running down my spine... was it the kiss, the passion or the love I felt for him?. 

- I love you- I mumbled, not wanting to let go of him.

What if we could stay like this, forever?. Close, together. Always and forever.

- Me too- he said.

I looked right into his eyes. What was it about them that, with a simple look, could make me feel so much?. I wanted to rest, but if it meant to be far away from him then I didn't want so. Because I'd trade anything to be with him forever. Because he was my happiness. My everything...

- I have to leave- he said.

- You don't have to- I said. - you could sneak through my bedroom's window-.

He smiled.

- If I did so, we wouldn't get our desired beauty sleep... would we?- he said.

I blushed.

- You are right- I said. - I can't wait until tomorrow. I can't wait for you to be officially and legally mine-.

- Me neither- he said. 

He smiled and pulled me even closer. I could feel his warmth... he could feel mine too. I smiled. He leaned forward to give me another kiss...

- I said that the other one was the last one- I said.

- Its just that... I can't get enough- he said.

I smiled and kissed him once again. After that we said goodbye and I went into my house. It felt odd... not to have him around. But this was one of the last moments of us being apart... after the wedding we'd move in together. Then we'd live, as they say, happily ever after. 

And by that I don't mean that life is a fairy tale. I don't think that in fairy tales people die, get hurt , become poor... I mean that sometimes happiness comes around. And I know that there's no such thing as "happily ever after" but... guess what?. Isn't it easier to think about it like that?. Why complicate ourselves with... "happy until something else happens"?. Its easier to lie to ourselves and pretend that life is a fairy tale... that way we enjoy it and we fuck up fate's plan for us.

Having a hard time?. Things will get better soon, the fog will clear up - we always hear that, right?. But how could we compare life with climate change? "After a hurricane, comes a rainbow". We do so so that we can create our own rainbow. So that we think of this crappy situation we are living, this problem we are dealing with as a past thing and we open up to feeling life's greatness. 

Because if we didn't open up then we'd get stuck. So let's keep on lying to ourselves instead of stressing out by any tiny bad thing that happens. Let's think that tomorrow the sun will shine brighter than today. 

Because if we believe that, then we'll see brighter. We'll clear up our own fog. 

So... happily ever after for me, guys.