Ch. 15: Conscecuence

* RAIN's POV *

My dad hugged me tightly. I felt some protection, but it was not enough. I looked for my phone and called Lei. He was the one I needed.

- L... Lei- I said.

- Whats wrong, are you okay?- he asked, worried.

- He broke into my house- I said. - Gerard broke into my house. He... h... can you come here, please?- I asked him. - I need you-.

- I'll be there in a second- he said. - wait for me-.

He hung up. I was still shaking. Gerard was so fucking crazy. This had been beyond crazy. I'd never expect him to do this. Break into my house, try to... he always is able to ruin everything. My sleep, a good moment with Lei. I wished he'd just disappear. He only brought pain to me; bad memories and feelings. I wanted to start over but he was still holding me back, showing up like this to my house... making me fear him once again.

I heard a door bell. I went out of my room and opened the door. It was Lei, he was there, standing up. I was still shaking, my eyes were full of tears. 

He hugged me, I put my head over his chest. I could feel his heartbeat... it calmed me. 

* LEI's POV *

What did this bastard to do her?. The last time I had seen her she was full of happiness; now she was shaking and crying. I couldn't stand to see her like this.

I held her against me tightly, I didn't want to let go of her.

- Everything is okay now, Rain- I told her. - I'm here-.

That son of a bitch would pay for this. How dare he... I couldn't even think about it. He broke into her house. He made her fear him... again. She was finally getting over him. Over the pain he had inflicted on her. She was forgetting her pain... but he came back to remind her. Remind her of how strong he could be, of the hold he had over her.

She must be terrified - I thought. Thats why I hugged her. She had told me that it calmed her and it was the best thing I could do for her... and for me. I was so angry I also needed to calm down.

* RAIN's POV *

- Thanks for being here- I said, softly. - the police is getting here soon, I guess. He is laying on my bed... my dad knocked him out with his bat- I told him. - he went into my room and turned off the lights. I'm afraid of the dark... he pulled me out of bed and then he threw me to it. He leaned towards me and... he... he tried to...- I was crying.

- Listen, I'm here now. I promise he'll never do this again- he said.

- He will get charged only for trespassing- I said. - he'll be out of prison soon. How could he not come back again?-.

- Because you won't be here- he said.

- What?- I asked, confused.

- You'll come live with me- he said. - I know, I know. This is rushing a lot and its okay if you don't feel comfortable doing so. But you have to. I can't risk that bastard coming near you again-.

No shit this was rushing a lot. We had just met. But there was something about the idea that wasn't completely wrong. I felt comfortable around him, right?. And I felt protected by his side. And I couldn't risk being attacked by that useless bitch again. I couldn't risk to even see him again. As I said, I wanted him to disappear. To leave with no trace.

- Okay- I said. 

- We can do this until we are sure that he won't come back. I'll call some friends and we will scare him off- he said. - he'll be gone soon, Rain. I promise-.

I nodded.

- I'll go pack my things, okay?- I said. - can you help me?-.

I wasn't sure whether I could go into that room again, taking into count that the guy was still there. Occupying my bed. I held Lei's hand and leaded him to my room. I stared at my room and went in. I tried not to look at him. My parents were in the living room, contacting the police. As I passed by them I told them I was leaving, they understood it and supported my decision. 

- You are right. You should stay safe- my mother said. 

I took out a bag and I put in on the floor.

- Here is the closet, chose some random t-shirts and bring them to me- I said. 

I took my make up and toiletries. I put them into the bag. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had a bruise on my arm due to this guy's attack. I took out my BB cream and tried to cover it up. I didn't feel comfortable with it... it reminded me of everything. I took out some trousers and shoes and put them in the bag too. 

Lei handed me some t-shirts and I put them in the bag too. I closed it and went out of the room. Lei was behind me, he didn't say a word. I turned around and stared at him.

- Again, I'm sorry that my past is causing this shit- I said. - I'm so sorry-.

- Don't be sorry, Rain. One does not chose their past... we have to learn how to get over it and live with it- he said, wisely.

I smiled.