Ch. 62: Eat & Rest

* JING's POV *

I was leaving. With my head down. I was disappointed. I was going back for Lei... maybe hoping for him to forgive me for leaving him.

Perhaps searching for his arms. But now he had someone else and I couldn't bother them. I had to leave... for good. And never come back again.

I had to let them be.

- Jing!- I heard Lei's voice calling out my name.

I turned back. He was there, calling out my name.

- Come eat with us!- he said.

I smiled and I nodded. One last meal until leaving. It sounded fair.

I went back to the house, seeing Rain holding Yuan Ting. I smiled at them and she smiled back.

- Umm... I guess I'll need some help- Rain said. - standing up is pretty hard...-.

I smiled.

- I know, I know- she said. - it's very impolite to ask for a guess to help me cook but... this is a rare exeption-.

We both got up and, with Lei's help, we went straight to the kitchen.

* RAIN's POV *

- Let's make some rice and maybe some noodles- I said. - its simple but it never fails-.

She smiled and she picked up some ingredients.

- Let's make some Chow Mei- she said.

What the hell was that.

- Traditional Chinese dish- she explained, as if reading my mind.

I nodded and started preparing the rice. I helped her cook, though I couldn't quite get what she was doing. She certainly knew how to cook.

We ended up making some quality food. I walked towards the table and we sat there and ate.

- This is amazing- I said. - God, damn it. I need the recipe-.

Jing smiled as she kept on eating. She turned out to really be a nice person. In the end, Shancai was right. She turned out to be a really good person.

- Thanks for inviting me- she said, smiling. - I'm really glad that you welcomed me to your house-.

I smiled.

- You're welcome, Jing- I said. - I get it that you come from France... I've lived in France before-.

- Really?- she asked.

I nodded.

- Anyways, I prefer China- I said. - it's such an amazing country-.

Lei smiled and she did too.

- I went to France to Lawyers Without Borders- she explained.

- That's so great!- I said. - I'm a singer... and I'd love to sing for the poor. Maybe collect money or something-.

She nodded.

- Yes, its great- she said.

I smiled.

- Anyways, now yes- she said, standing up.- I'm off, you guys. Do you need help cleaning up?-.

I shook my head.

- Okay, then off I go- she said. - and again, thanks-.

We both smiled and she went out of the house. I stared at Lei who was staring at me.

- Well... I want to sleep- I said. - can you handle Yuan Ting?- I asked.

- Yep- he said.

I gave him a thumbs up and then went straight to bed. I laid and simply shut my eyes. I thought about this visit and how weird and awkward it was, but in the end this girl turned out to be a good person. Wonder why they broke up... I mean, I shouldn't be thinking about that. Thanks to that, I was now married to Lei.

I fell asleep and then woke up. I was woken up by Lei's footsteps. He had come to bed with me. I moved aside leaving him some space. I smiled as I rolled over to be closer to him. He wrapped an arm around me and I felt protected and safe. I smiled.

- I love you- I mumbled.

He smiled and turned off the light. I accidentally had left it on. It always happens to me that when I go to sleep on an urge to... well, sleep... I leave the lights on or forget to wipe off my make up.

This time it had been both, but I didn't have enough energy to go to the bathroom and take off my make up. It was better to leave it like this.

Suddenly, I saw Lei walking with Jing by his hand. I somehow knew it was a dream, but I didn't like it at all. Then Jing pushed Lei aside and took my hand. She placed it by Lei's hand.

- You are meant to be- she said.

It was kinda strange... it wasn't her voice. It was more like a male voice talking over her. It was scary.

- I won't interfere anymore- she said.

Then she simply went out of... well, she simply disappeared. In my dreams everything works differently. Like a sci-fi movie or something. Sometimes it's scary but sometimes it's also amazing and impressive.

I loved it when, in my dreams, I went to exotic places and also to places I had never been before.

This time it was different. In this dream, Jing was reassuring me that Lei loved me and only me.

It was just what I needed.