Ch. 30: The One

* RAIN's POV *

After a long chat with Shancai Lei wanted to go home. And we did so... back home he told me that her mom had called him once again. She was coming to China tomorrow.

- Okay, okay- I said. - what do I do?-.

- You are my girlfriend, right?- he said. - you... do the same as you did with my friends. Present yourself as the girl I love-.

- I'm scared as hell- I said. 

- She'll be here for the day, don't worry. She probably doesn't want to talk about marriage and that kinda stuff... she's just passing by to make sure I'm still alive- he said.

Poor Lei. That sounded awful.

- God, what if I go away for the day- I said. - I... I'm really scared-.

He put his hands over my shoulders.

- She'll love you- he told me, looking right into my eyes. - if you say so- I told him. - but, lets not forget, that the most important thing on Earth is that we love each other. Others' opinion shouldn't matter as much as our own, okay?. So if, somehow, I fuck up or end up being hated by your mother... well... we'll figure it out-.

He laughed.

- She doesn't give a shit about my life- he said. - almost a shit... she passes by but I usually scape from her. But I can't escape her this time... she said she has to talk about some serious stuff with me. Company related stuff, don't worry-.

I took a deep breath.

This didn't sound amusing. At all. Meeting Mrs. Huaze wasn't something I was looking forward to. But it had to happen - and, despite that it wasn't something so great, it'd happen sooner or later. I was truly in love with Lei; I wasn't planning on giving up on him. He was the one I had been looking for my whole life.

He was the one.

- I won't worry then- I said.

* * *

I woke up at five, took a shower and got myself ready at six and at seven I was waking up Lei, who was sleeping tightly.

- Lei- I said. - when is your mother coming?-.

- At eight- he mumbled.

- Oh, well. Its seven- I said.

He jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom to take a shower. I laughed. I put on some fine perfume and also some good looking clothes (AKA a black dress and some heels). Lei got out of the shower wearing a casual sweater and some pants.

- Is this too much?- I asked.

- You look amazing- he said. - as always-.

I smiled. He leaned forward and kissed me. The door opened suddenly.

- S... son?- a woman said something I couldn't quite understand.

- Mom- said Lei. - umm... shouldn't you knock?-.

- Mrs. Huaze- I said. - I'm Rain Collins, Lei's girlfriend-.

- Lei's g... how come you didn't tell me this, son?!- she yelled something I couldn't understand. - a British, gorgeous looking woman. Does she have any talent to show off?-.

- She sings- Lei said.

- Dear, sing us something- the woman said.

- On va s'aimer, à toucher le ciel. Se séparer, à brûler nos ailes. Se retrouver comme les hirondelles. On va s'aimer, tellement tu es belle. On va jeter les clés d'la maison. On va rêver à d'autres saisons. On va quitter ces murs de prison- I sang in French. - On va s'aimer. Sur une étoile, ou sur un oreiller. Au fond d'un train, ou dans un vieux grenier. Je veux découvrir ton visage où l'amour est né. On va s'aimer. Dans un avion, sur le pont d'un bateau. On va s'aimer, à se brûler la peau. À s'envoler, toujours, toujours plus haut. Où l'amour est beau- I finished it off with a classic. - oh oh oh oh oh...-.

The woman clapped.

- Magnifique- the woman said, in French.

I smiled.

- Anyways, son. We need to talk about the company. Meet me in the office- she said, as she closed the door.

- Told you... she loves you- he told me. - I should go now... but wait for me... you can make us some pancakes or something- I smiled. - but please, don't burn the house down. I love you- he kissed my forehead and went out of the room.

I sat on the bed and took a deep breath. That went better than what I had thought. 

I decided to try out some clothes... I tend to pack useless clothes such as dresses and that stuff. This free time could be used to try those out. I put on a long, black dress. I kept on wondering why had I brought it. I got bored and changed back to some casual clothes. I knew I had Shancai's cellphone number. I thought about texting her, but she'd have to look the text up on some translator... meh, it was easier to talk to a wall. 

After that I got out of the room, feeling bored. I stared at the kitchen. I went back to the room, took out my recipe book and started cooking meals. I started cooking pancakes, they tasted pretty great. Then I did some kinda cake that turned out looking more like a piece of bread. Somehow it still tasted good, so I left it there to it later. Finally, I did some creme brûlée. It turned out better than expected. 

Lei suddenly arrived home.

- Ta da! Deserts for us- I said, smiling. 

He smiled and glanced at my masterpieces. 

- Lets try them out- he said, happily.

He first ate the pancakes, he gave me the okay. Then the cake, it was fine too. And finally the creme brûlée. He disapproved that one. Anyways... it did look inedible so... I don't blame him at all.