Ch. 38: Planner

* RAIN's POV *

I woke up feeling amazing. I got out of my bed and walked out of my room; there he was, waiting for me. He was smiling and so was I.

- I've missed you- I said, throwing myself to his arms.

He hugged me.

- Me too- he said. - I found a wedding planner, she agreed to meet us today in this restaurant. I came to pick you up, let's go-.

I smiled.

- Mom, dad. I'll be home later- I announced. 

He took me by my hand and drove us to a restaurant. There was a girl, who seemed pretty rich judging by her looks. We sat on the same table as her.

- Hi, I'm Courtney- she said. - the wedding planner. So, first of all, tell me why are you getting married-.

- Um... we love each other, we our each other's happiness- said Lei. - we want to be together forever-.

I smiled.

- Perfect- she said. - so, we currently have some months to prepare everything. Have you thought of a date?-.

We looked at each other and then shook our heads.

- Perhaps in two months- Lei said. - it gives us at least one month to settle things and make decisions-.

The girl nodded.

- Perfect, so... two months away. We need to start looking for a venue- she said. - what's your idea about it?-.

He hadn't talked about it but it had to have a good outdoor space.

- Outdoors- Lei said. - we'd like a big venue with a gigantic garden. We'd like to get married outside and then eat inside, just in case it rains or something-.

The girl nodded once again.

- Okay, I have a couple of ideas set in my mind- she said. - I'll send you both some pictures about a place I'm thinking about. It suits your idea of big outdoor space and its also very spacious. Could you guys send me your email addresses, please?-.

Lei and I nodded.

- Amazing. So, venue is being sorted out. Decoration will be handled by a decorator who's a friend of mine. She is great, believe me. Then... how many people are coming to the wedding?. Mr. Huaze told me that it would be pretty big, meaning people big... you get me-.

- About 300 persons- he said.

- 300?- I whispered. - how come 300? I don't have that many friends and family...-.

- My family from Taiwan is coming, our business partners and also my friends from China- he said.

- Oh, right. 300... an estimate number, of course- I said. - we haven't done the guest list yet-.

- Mm... I've done it... or at least tried to- he said. - I wrote all of my family, friends and business partners' names. They were like 270 in total. We need to count your family and friends and then we are done. I'd estimate 300 to be the total-.

I nodded.

- Perfect, so, yes. About 300- I finished to say.

The girl nodded. 

- Send me please the guest list and start looking for invitation kinda ideas. Like for the cards. We need a design to print them, but that will be the last thing to settle. First we need the venue, dress and deco. Dress is done, right?- Courtney asked.

I nodded.

- Okay, we still need to have it set. We need a make up artist and a hair stylist. You could meet up and discuss what you want for the wedding. Then you try on your dress with the make up and hairdo and decide. That has to be settled first along with the venue- she said. - so, I'll send you those pics. We could arrange a visit to the place, decide. Maybe look up some other venues and then you choose. When chosen, we book them. We need a specific date... 2 months... April, then. You need to decide when you are actually getting married- Courtney said. - so, what's for you to do is now, look at the venues. Take a look at the pics, text me. And also set a date, okay?-.

We both nodded. God, this was a tiny little bit more stressing.

- When the venue is set, we look into the bride and the groom's look. Hair, make up, dress, suit. And last we do the part of the decoration and then the invitations- she said. - legal stuff like the judge and whatsoever is to be set by my friend, not the decorator, the other one. Anyways, look for that venues, tell me your decision, date. And you, bride, send me a pic of the dress. Okay... goodbye!-.

Courtney waved and got out of the restaurant. I took a deep breath.

- That was so fucking stressing- I said. - she talked so fast-.

- Don't worry, Rain. Here, I'll open up my mail and show you the pics she sent- he said.

The place was amazing, so we arranged a visit to it. We'd go tomorrow, and then decide a date. I sent her the pic of the dress and she told me it was beautiful - I thought so too.

Everything was running very smoothly.